Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 1500 SE.

i go out to the shed and cold bike did start the first time and ran for about 10 seconds and died. 2nd try it ran for 2 seconds and dies

NOW, nothing, no fire to the plugs. ??? it turns over fine, headlight is on, neutral light on, radio on, running lights on...

ALL fuses good. NEW battery, BAS (bank angle sensor) is good. What could it be???

YES, the choke is all the way off... <*((><

·
Super Moderator
10,044 Posts
Bad gas?? No gas?? Sounds like fuel starvation...

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
bad coils, or ignition

·
Super Moderator
12,286 Posts
Check the kill switch. They have been known to go bad.

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
In the troubleshooting guide form the service manual, it says check the rotor for tightness as well as the associated connectors and other ignition related components and their connectors. Also check that the engine control unit is funtioning properly. Sorry I can't offer more.

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
Not sure about the ohmeter, but we use the Honda diagnostic laptop in the shop. Trike lady is pretty up on electrical related issues, hopefully she's (well, I know she is) smarte than I about this type of thing. I have access to the manuals from my desktop, that's where my limited scope comes from .

·
Super Moderator
7,613 Posts
Okay, I'm going to provide you with a chart of what to check on the harness side.
Never probe an ECM.
All tests must be done on a 'Cold' bike.
Test the pulse generators. The values are on the chart. They receive their make/break from the 'Trigger Wheel'.
Sorry for being late with the information.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
Bud, PM me an e-mail address and I can forward you a copy of the Hoses and Tubes routing page from the service manual. I don't have editing software here at the office or I'd do a PDF snapshot and post it on the thread right here for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.