Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have owned both the 1500 and 1800.....are there huge differences in the handling?

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Both are very capable luxury touring machines. The 1500 has a little more storage capacity. The 1800 has more of a sport feel to its ride. Not that the 1500 is a slouch in the power department, but the 1800 with EFI and additional CC's is very quick and noticeable.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Funny in the 70s the big dog on the block was HD with the 1200s. Now we look at that and think not so much....:D I can not really say much about the 1500 I have seen them but have not ridden one. I know when I first started riding the 1800 this year....I love the handling but found it to be a bit slower and less power from what I was use to....the more I ride it though the more I like it.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Being only 5'4" tall I found the 1500 more spacious than the 1800 as a trike.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Being only 5'4" tall I found the 1500 more spacious than the 1800 as a trike.
Yep-if I remember, back when, I believe early advertisements/articles on the then new 1800 mentioned the rider was moved 1" forward(?) to give the passenger additional room over the 1500.
What a difference that 1" seems to have made!
I never really got comfortable on my 1800 until after triking and removing the OEM foot pegs and using the weight bearing foot fairings for my feet!

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
The 1500 is plush, luxurious, and very smooth and powerful. Still a capable spirited mount, just somewhat sedate in it's road manners. The 1800 is somewhat more of a thoroughbred in comparison. Still smooth and luxurious, it just has a bit more of an athletic manner in the way it goes about things. A bit more sporting and spirited lean to it (yeah it 'leans' a bit further too;)) if you will. By the numbers, it isn't that much faster, but it 'feels' quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.