Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Chrome World summer catalog and see they are offering turn down exhaust setup for the 1500's. They are from Torq Master,and are #2814.They don't show a 1500 with these on it,the pic is of an 1800. Does anyone know anything about these?Their price for the set is $460,which seems competitive with the other stuff out there. Any info.would be appreciated. Thanks. Ken '94SE:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
That seems like a lot of $$ for turndowns. Is it for the entire exhaust system?? I just bought turndowns for my 1800 and they were only about $65.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TwoWheel,it is for the complete muffler setup. These are the first i have seen for a 1500. A i said though,the catalog pic that went with the part# was of a 1800.I went to the Chromeworld site since i started the thread,the pics of the product are not good at all.Doesn't show the whole pipe,just the turndown ends. Have had good luck with their other products,just wondering if anybody out there has these or something like it that is a good product.

·
Registered
109 Posts
WOW...where did you find the turn-downs for $65????

·
Registered
10 Posts
torque masters

Just got my Chrome World summer catalog and see they are offering turn down exhaust setup for the 1500's. They are from Torq Master,and are #2814.They don't show a 1500 with these on it,the pic is of an 1800. Does anyone know anything about these?Their price for the set is $460,which seems competitive with the other stuff out there. Any info.would be appreciated. Thanks. Ken '94SE:confused:
I just put a set on my 2000 goldwing. These pipes are a lot smaller in diameter then your stock pipes. I left the baffles in mine and they are loud to me but you can remove them and make them louder.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Bobby. Are they just a bit louder than stock with the baffles in? I don't want loud,just like the look,and realize would be louder than stock,but nothing radical. I like my XM. Was the price close to what it was in June? Where did you purchase your set? Again,thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Alley Cat's offer a very pleasant tone. Search youtube there are a number of sound bites for these mufflers on a 1500. At cruising speeds the sound is almost stock. Actually you are in control, you want quite you got quite, you want a little more aggressive tone then twist the throttle. :eek:
After years of use on my 97se, I would never change back to the OEM sewing machine sound, just my opinion, seems as though everyone is entitle to at least one.
One piece of advice, the earlier mufflers had chrome blistering problems, especially underneath. The later style I'm not sure about.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the good info. fxrshog. Will ck. out youtube. Have had some job problems,but looks like will be settled now,so can begin saving up for a set. Thanks again. Ken

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
The problem with wingstuff is, They are about 30 min. from me and have never been able to reach anyone their.

Don't pay any attention to me, all I do is bitch and create problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.