Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly enjoy reading all these posts. I haven't ridden in 30 years but am trying to find a wing over the past few weeks.

It sounds as though the 1500 is the most reliable. I am trying to stay under a budget of $6500. Is there much diference between say a 1989 and 1993 model?
I am looking at a 1989 with 119,000 $4800
and a 93 with 48,000 $6,000.
It seems the prices vary so much (comparing apples to apples).
Also I have found a 1998 for $6600. 68,000 miles.

Any input would be a help.

Thanks,
Larry

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
lower miles is always good, i look for wings with 50,000 or less myself

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
When purchasing a bike the first thing I do is find out everything I can about the model I"m considering including checking the price on Kelly Blue Book, NADA and even eBay. When I've narrowed my search and find a bike that I'm interesting in I then check the following.

1. Condition. Whats the overall appearance of the bike and has it been properly maintained according to the Mfg specifications. Documentation helps.

2. Mileage. A bike can have a lot of miles on it, but if it's been maintained properly and the miles are "easy" miles such as interstate riding then it's less of a factor. If a bike has low mileage but has not been properly maintained it's no bargin.

3. Year. The closer you get to the current year the more changes/improvements have been made in any given model. Also, availability of parts that may be specific to that year can become an issue.

4. Price. Can I afford it and will I be happy with my purchase after I get it home and in the future. Don't let extras that have been added to a bike sway your decision if you don't like it. Farkles can always be added later.

Good luck in your search. Hope you find the right Wing for you...

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
The rest of us usually don't have to reply because Two Wheel Wing usually has it covered. So as usual "What he said".

I guess I can add I am not a fan of Farkles. My wing is pretty clean of added Chromey parts. What is important to me is as I said in other posts, Comfort goodies, I look at the sellers other toys or Home to get a feel for how they take care of their other property, & I hope I find one that "calls me".

If you want some good info to read, I posted this link before but here it is again. It helps explain the evolutionary changes that Two Wheel spoke of.

Good Luck & Get Riding.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts