Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I got the timing belts changed successfully, but before I take the bike off the lift, there are a couple of more things I want to do. One is change the fuel filter. Does the fuel supply shut off automatically? If not, how to you do it so fuel doesn't flow out over the bike once the hoses are disconnected.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Yes, the fuel is shut off by a vacuum operated valve.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Before you install the new filter look the input and output tubes over closely. Some of them have a very slight ridge that runs the lenght of the tube, left over from the molding process. Use some real fine sand paper and remove this. It can cause a leak. I've seen this several times.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reverse issue

Just an update - I followed the suggestion to remove the molded ridge and installed the fuel filter. It worked great. With the new timing belts, air filter, and fuel filter installed, the bike is running great. Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions and advice.

Next on the hit parade is a question I have regarding the use of reverse on my bike. I've had a problem lately with it working fine when I first start the bike but then failing when I return from a short ride. I'm assuming this is an electrical issue, like the battery not being fully charged. I've only ridden the bike sparingly lately. I don't know the condition of the battery (as I've only owned the bike for about a month). I did have to put it on a trickle charge a few weeks ago after leaving the radio on.

Have any of you had the same problem in using reverse?

Rick

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
No problems so far with my reverse. As a matter of fact, that's about the only thing that works correctly on the 1500!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts