Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening from IN. Thanks again to the guys that helped with my engine questions earlier (worn shift fork making noise). I got the replacement engine installed, vaccum lines hooked, and electricals plugged back in. Started the bike (the reverse switch on the frame will keep the bike from starting) and everything seemed well until I went to sync the carbs and the rpms ramped up to about 3000 and stuck. The idle adjuster is backed all the way out. I found one vaccum line installed incorrectly and got that swapped. This brought the RPMs down to around 1500. Took the airbox back off and checked the carbs. I did notice that only the LH slide was moving when the throttle was moved. I cannot get it to idle back down. Just wanted to put a motor in it and ride it again... Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got it figured out I hope

in regards to my last post, I did get the bike to idle down. In my panic to get the idle down I must've backed the sync screw out too much and that allowed it to not idle. The only issue I believe now is the Sabre Cycle carb parts I installed. Now that I've read some old posts and found our they are not a really quality source for parts I wish I'd have just got some vaccuum slide from Big Red.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.