Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ready to replace their rear speakers on a 1500,i just did mine,went to Best Buy,and for $50 got a set of Pioneer TS-G1043R's,they fit perfectly,are 2 way,and sound great.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
morning drmcmtru, thank you for responding and for providing me with the information. just one question. Are they water resistant? Weather proof or does it matter. Thank you and have a great day. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
morning again, i have another question, on my 90 GW Gl1500 I don't think I have the speaker wire harness back there, will I need to purchase that separately and is it difficult to install? thank you and have a great day.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The speakers are not marine type,but are better construction than the originals,plastic/rubber parts,so should be fine.Of course no drenching during Wing washes. As far as harness purchase,i don't knowif available,i'm sure someone does.Or,could make it up yourself if you are able.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Yes, you can buy the wiring harness to connect the speakers to the back and you can purchase a complete set of speakers in a kit for about $50.00 from Chrome World. www.chromeworld.com and check for yourself. I want to get a set for my 93.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Remember when you buy speakers for a motorcycle always look for the words 'Water Proof' or 'Water Resistant'. While you might pay $50.00 for a set at Best Buy they may not be suitable for outdoor use, when you can get a set that is for the same price that is. Mother Nature isn't always kind to a motorcycle, especially if you go out for a ride and get caught in a down pour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts