Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that is thinking about a car tire for the rear of his 1500. I told him that I would ask y’all for some suggestions for brand and size. Tommy recently put a Trigg Trike Kit on his bike, is in his 80's, still riding. He shows up for every group ride and went down to Datona last year. I tried searching but thought this would be easier.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
whats his name from seattle could answer this :)

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
With all due respect that former member isn't needed here on this.:D

There are a couple guys Mark that run car tires on their 1500. CP Womer & Bamaeagle come to mind maybe check with them.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
There are a couple guys Mark that run car tires on their 1500. CP Womer & Bamaeagle come to mind maybe check with them.
Of the two I think Bamaeagle is more qualified. We are talking about tires on a Trike Conversion 1500.

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And how long have you been a member here ??????;)
I knew that I would take some razzing on this. I do not pay attention to the car tire sizes.

He probably would not want a run flat, but suggestions for both would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
doesn't bamaeagle run car tires on his 1500 and 1800 with tow-pac Insta-trike units?
He could help shed some light on this too.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I have Goodyear on the Trike , seems like a good tire ,but now have one heck of a flat spot on them ...had to lock down all three this weekend , the kid in front of me was not as lucky due to following to close he ass ended a car on the interstate ,he is alive but real beat up. The car that caused the pile up sped off , bot the tires did the job of quickly stopping a heavy trike.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
doesn't bamaeagle run car tires on his 1500 and 1800 with tow-pac Insta-trike units?
He could help shed some light on this too.
Yes I do Trike Lady...:)

Like Chopin said you need to decide what type of tire you want -Run Flat =RF or Non Run Flat Tire.

I have yet to try a run flat tire...but I will someday....:)

Here is a tire size calculator link. Just put in the size of tire you have now on the 1500 or 1800 and it will tell you what sizes will fit. Then you just have to decide on tire brand.

http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.ht...tio=&maxratio=&minwheel=&maxwheel=&maxdelta=2

Here is a link to Darkside Tire Info:

http://darkside.nwff.info/index.php

Hope this helps !

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I do Trike Lady...:)

Like Chopin said you need to decide what type of tire you want -Run Flat =RF or Non Run Flat Tire.

I have yet to try a run flat tire...but I will someday....:)

Here is a tire size calculator link. Just put in the size of tire you have now on the 1500 or 1800 and it will tell you what sizes will fit. Then you just have to decide on tire brand.

http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.ht...tio=&maxratio=&minwheel=&maxwheel=&maxdelta=2

Here is a link to Darkside Tire Info:

http://darkside.nwff.info/index.php

Hope this helps !
Yes it does. Thanks, I will pass this on to Tommy.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
With all due respect his name is Larry and he and I both have the Dunlop Wintersport Run Flat tire on our GL 1500's. Mark, PM me if you want more info.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
On my GL 1500 I have a Dunlop SP Wintersport 3D 175/60 x R16 purchased at Tire Rack earlier this year for 130.00 + 25.77 delivery which I received in 3 days. Presently do not run a TPMS however have plans too since it is a run flat.

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just so you know, if I understand this, we are looking at car tires for a 1500 trike conversion.
Yeah, that's it. Really a four wheeler, or bike with training wheels.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Okay the owner wants to add the car tire to the Wing since the Trigg Trike unit doesn't allow the bike to lean any more and trike front tires tend to wear out in the middle and the rear motorcycle tire will also wear in the center. The use of a car tire makes sense since the bike no longer leans and now it's a matter of what car tire to use on the 'Host' bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.