Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me. Reverse will engage but won't move the bike. Acts like a circuit breaker cuts out. Wheel is unmoveable like the starter is still engaged. Can be turned if you shift out of reverse. Once in a great while it works like it should. Have adjusted cables, no help. No blown fuses. Appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Banned
2,948 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle!

This problem with the reverse..... I can't help as my 1500 did not come equipped with reverse, but I am confident that there will be people coming by here shortly that can answer your question.

:)

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but I think it must be in the lever somehow. Does the light come on when you attempt to reverse the bike? There is a detailed trouble shoot section in the service manual. If you don't have one, PM me and I can e-mail you the pdf file of the section. The files are too large to post and my 'puter doesn't operate well with screen shots (glitch) worth diddly.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Have you checked the 5amp fuse hidden in the plastic cover alongside the battery?
The large 65amp fuse under the seat?
Have you sprayed contact cleaner in the reverse switch behind the lever?
Check for loose connections, dirty connections. Bad power control relay(s) there are two of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts