Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 GL 1500 has 87000 miles. I am getting ready to add a Superbrace and progressive springs to help with some of the squishy sloppy feel. This is my first street bike and I've had it about a year and have put about 5000 miles on it so I'm pretty familiar with it. My questions:
With that many miles, is it necessary or prudent to replace all the seals? Is it possible the springs are worn or is that just normal? What’s normal before fork rebuild? Mine doesn’t seem to hold air too well which is why i was thinking seals also.
Replacing the springs seemed pretty straightforward but not quite as sure about all the seals. Do the forks have to come off the bike to do all? Is this something a reasonably competent person can accomplish?
Any insight is much appreciated.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If you are a competant wrench, there's no reason you can't do the job yourself if you have the right tools and a shop manual. I'd do the seals if you have everything apart anyway. Be very careful not to damage the fork assembly during removal and replacement of any of the components, and I do believe the forks have to come off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts