Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 problems. When I wash my 88 wing on the center stand it wont start. I let it sit a few minutes and it starts rite up. Till thr last time it about 20 min. does anyone have any ideas? The other problem is my cruise seems to have a mind of its own. Ill set it and it works great then it speeds up on its own. sometimes it seems to disagree with its self by speeding up and slowing down. I replaced the box under trunk and made no difference. Do I have a ghost riding with me? Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
As discussed in another thread does the speedometer needle flutter while the cruise speed is increasing? Since the cruise control response is based on speed a sticking speedometer cable might be tricking it. My cable was still turning but rusty for the top 8 inches. Cleaning and oiling cured the problem so I ordered a new one.
Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already looked for fluttering and did not notice any. It used to do it after I rode several miles but now it does it most all the time. Its even got where it drasticaly speeds up then immediatly slows down so hard it jerks your head forward and back. very confusing. I do appreciate your trying to help.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
On the washing issue....check your spark plugs....pull the boot off and with a small flash light look down in the opening where the plug sits. There should be a small hole and one or two of them maybe stopped up. Get a small wire and run down through the hole. Would not hurt to do them all. This hole is there to drain water away from the plugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to a dealer out in Kingman kansas and he said he heard there was a drain hole but did not say where. Thanks for the info I will start takilg side covers off tommorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts