Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So A while ago I broke my antenna. Just finally bought another one. First question I have is, my original base is a pin on, not a screw on, can I just push the pin out of the pivot of both pieces and pin the new aerial on, will it still work OK? I have removed the pin on the existing. If that will not work, how do I remove the old base to replace it? Thanks

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Not sure about th epin, but the antenna base is quite easy to remove. Just a couple nuts inside the trunk (I'm assuming you are talking about the stock radio antenna?) on the bracket. You'll have to re-route the coax cable though. For that you have to take the seat off and find the cable connector. I've never traced mine so maybe there's someone that has that can guide you on that. I'd replace the stock seat bolts with the ones that Wingstuff sells, much easier to line up with the holes...stock ones can be a huge PITA:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Not sure about th epin, but the antenna base is quite easy to remove. Just a couple nuts inside the trunk (I'm assuming you are talking about the stock radio antenna?) on the bracket. You'll have to re-route the coax cable though. For that you have to take the seat off and find the cable connector. I've never traced mine so maybe there's someone that has that can guide you on that. I'd replace the stock seat bolts with the ones that Wingstuff sells, much easier to line up with the holes...stock ones can be a huge PITA:rolleyes:
The shop manual show the antenna connection to be right under the seat.
If you got the new mount I would replace the complete unit.
Might want to find somebody with an SWR meter(Standing Wave Riot meter) and have them tune the antenna. Used to match the antenna to the radio for proper antenna lenght.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts