Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out Arizona Bike Week has been moved up this year into the first two weeks of April . Traditionally it has been at the end of March. I'll have to advance my trip out there to the third week in April .

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
What, you don't like crowds? :eek:

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
What, you don't like crowds? :eek:
No that doesn't bother him. He goes to that Rolling Thunder thing every year.

His problem will be no bikes available to rent.:mad:

Just found out Arizona Bike Week has been moved up this year into the first two weeks of April . Traditionally it has been at the end of March. I'll have to advance my trip out there to the third week in April .
You may have to breakdown & buy a bike to keep at Mom's, ole Maestro. Hey you know that's not a bad idea. Then when I go out I'll have something to ride & get to visit your folks as well.:D;)

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
I've got a 1200 he can buy! :D

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing " wrong " with Bike Week, per se. I've been down there at the same time before. I won't get my senior citizens discount on the rental, and it's just overall too bike busy. Traffic is traffic regardless of how many wheels you are riding on. This year I'm renting the Road Glide Custom. That fixed front fairing should make me feel at home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Your Mom would love bike week....

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Lee you should buy a bike like has been suggested. Then forum member could rent it for say $5.00 a a day. Heck I might even consider a winter vacation in Az.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
I think "we're" on to someting here peeps. A community GOWF rental bike... What say you Music Man?;):D
Er, how far is yer Mom's place from Main & Gilbert? (snicker):p:cool:

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
If he's going to keep it at his Mom's. Maybe she'd rent out his bed when he's not there. Kind of a GWOF Bed and Breakfast, with bike included. This could turn out pretty good for all.:D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great idea , fellows. I could set up a kind of " Dude Ranch ". Mom would appreciate the help in the kitchen cleaning dishes and dad would appreciate the help with his zipper. You fellows are the best. Always willing to help.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
His jacket zipper is it cold In Az. In April.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Usually the weather is GreAT IN APRIL. IT has rained and snowed on the way to Laughlin in the past but always nice down there by the river.

Worth the trip.

Rich
Rich. I usually ride up to Sedona and down though Prescott Valley, Jerome, etc. Last year was too cold up in the hills , so I kept it to Sedona and the Valley area.

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LAST YEAR was the windiest weather I have ever ridden in anywhere I have ever been. Two up was absolutely incredible bad. We were on our K1600 GTL for that trip.

Once we got to Laughlin though it was just beautiful for the rest of the weekend.

You folks really ought to consider Laughlin if you have never been there for the Annual River Run. It is just a few hours from Phoenix but as stated earlier this year starts the 25th of April.

You can still rent a scooter in Phoenix or at GCHD in Bellmont and ride over.
I might just head out that way for the hell of it. I've done the Sedona /Yarnell run for years , and though it's always a pleasure, I could use a new vista. It will have to be the week of April 15th. for me.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
Ok so is it a deal. You buy the bike and we get to rent the bike and your bed when your not there. I don't mind helping with the dishes, I'll even mow the lawn, and help your dad with his jacket zipper, if need be.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so is it a deal. You buy the bike and we get to rent the bike and your bed when your not there. I don't mind helping with the dishes, I'll even mow the lawn, and help your dad with his jacket zipper, if need be.:rolleyes:
Great! Except..... the lawn is desert rock and dad doesn't wear a jacket.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
OK so there no lawn to mow. How about we buy Dad some sweat pants with a draw string.:D:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.