Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a "Blessing of the Bikes" rally yesterday. Great time by the way!! Bike was running well. We stopped at a restaurant for a late lunch and on our way our of the parking lot my bike died at the stoplight. It would start and then die. RPMs would go up with the throttle but die at idle. I tried to "rev" the engine to keep it going, but it would die. Finally, after about a dozen tries, it started and kept running and ran fairly well all the way home. I am running some carb cleaner through the gas so could some "gunk" have gotten in the carbs then cleared out? Any ideas? your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,877 Posts
Perhaps it was "exercising some internal demons" from it's system after the blessing....:eek::D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...thanks two wheel...I needed that. Actually took her out for a short ride today and it ran "fairly" well. However, I had to have the choke on from starting at full choke then dropping down to about 1/2 choke a long time after it warmed up. There was a little "popping" on deceleration, but...ideas??

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
You might have some water in the tank. It will cause the problems you are describing. Try running some of the red bottled Heet through it and see if it helps.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Years ago while riding in the Mojave we yook one more ride befor loading up on Sundy. A friend had enjoyed a "smoke" befor we took off. About a 1/4 mile from vamp his bike just died. It was getting fuel, had ignition and compression but refused to start. After towing him back to camp we loaded up and went back to LA. Rolled his bike off the trailer, kicked it over 1 time and it ran like a dream. We finally decided that his bike was scared of him in his state of high and just refused to let him ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha Ha Ha...that would have been the 60's and 70's but not today. Although.......hmmmmmmm.........naw!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Early 70s. Certenly not now. We thought those tents were great. Now its a Super 8. I remember the time the women decided we would eat freez dried trail food. We had beans and weenies the first night then drove 60 miles to buy some real food. The nights sitting around the camp fire were great. Now it's sitting in front of a 50" TV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts