Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 96se and want to install a cig. lighter so I can plug Garmin GPS or other accesories. I have checked a few spots but there doesn't seem to be room on the opposite side. Back sticks out around 1" - 1.5". Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Charliep, I've got a 94 1500 mine is in the R.H. faring pocket, out of sight and the weather.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Matt,
Did u install at bottom or top side looking in?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a '95 Aspy with no toe warmers. I plan on installing my 12V socket in the hole where the SE's toe heat control is.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I did'nt actualy mount it , I just let it lay in there,as I don't use that pocket for anything else and no one can see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice

Hi Carl,
I have the toe warmer feature. Don't know what good it is. I guess if I rode in bare feet:)

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Saw several Harley guys riding with bare feet at Sturgis last summer, go figure.........:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy

Never been to Sturgis. Some day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
mounting the socket inside of the pocket is very common and works well to keep it out of the weather another very trick way is to use the top of the clutch resivore as a mount with a flat peice of alum. I will be glad to send you a photo of this set up if you like. I have been using it for about 15 years on both my 1500 and 1800 and it has never leaked a drop

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So-Cal,
Iwould be interested in seeing a picture when you get a chance. I would like to keep it avaiable so I can just plug in. I thought I might even install it in the right compartment lid,the one that locks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts