Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The signal lights on my GL1100 Interstate just quit working. All other electrical functions seem intact. Where do I start to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.
Do they not light up at all, or just not flash? It could be a fuse, the switch or the flasher unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn signals out

There is no light, no flash, no dashboard indicator light. Between one ride and the next they simply stopped working.

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
Start by checking all of your fuses. Check the fuse box for any corrosion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. But I'm so new at this I don't even know where the fuses are located. I've pulled off the panel to expose the battery and see one main fuse just behind the battery. How do I access the others? (Sorry to ask such basic questions, but I will learn...)

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Just had this problem with [David] my 1980 honda. It was the flash unit, just try that. Eric

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
The fuse box is under the upper false tank/shelter door.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome kbellous, no need to worry, lots of help around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the friendly and simplified help. I found the fuses and checked them all, but they all seem fine. Plus, the fuse for the signal lights also powers the stop lights and horn, which both work fine. So on to the next option. To the left of the fuse box is a black rectangular box held by a rubber mount. Is that the flash unit??

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
No, the flasher (winker relay assembly, as per Honda) is a small round unit, also in a rubber holder. It should be located fairly close. The box you mentioned is the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it. Thanks. I see the unit. The local Honda shop can order one for me for $285. Is it smart to look around at some of the wreckers for a used flasher control or am I wiser to pay up for a new one?

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
WHAT?? The information I have is: RELAY ASSY.,WINKER $44.02!

I think I'd have them look that up again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SUCCESS! Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum and the expert help. I was able to find and install a new winker relay assembly and my turn signals are again working as they should. Thanks Cantankerous (What a misnomer for such a friendly helper!), Eric and budoka.

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
Great news. I'm happy to have helped. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts