Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a new to me 82 -1100 wing and I want to swap out the old style turn signal light bulbs. And when I put in lower wattage bulbs the turn signals don't blink. They light up but don't blink. when I hook up a test light that requires more wattage the turn signals blinks like normal. So does any one know if I can buy a blinker controller to operate with the lower wattage bulbs? I am not an electrical eng but I do all of my own work on my bikes. and can handle most repairs. But I need some guidance on this one.

Dave D

·
Banned
3 Posts
Let's assume you put in the lower wattage bulbs to save amperage draw. You don't want load equalizers, they just as resistance to bring up the load to what the normal bulbs draw. What you need is to replace the thermal controlled flasher with an electronic one. Should cost you about 18 bucks.

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
Check out the big brain on BCassel! (Ref: Pulp Fiction: "Check out the big brain on Brad!"-Sam Jackson)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's assume you put in the lower wattage bulbs to save amperage draw. You don't want load equalizers, they just as resistance to bring up the load to what the normal bulbs draw. What you need is to replace the thermal controlled flasher with an electronic one. Should cost you about 18 bucks.

So can I get this electrical one from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
Not something I've seen or heard of from Honda and our aftermarket suppliers. I'd try Electrical Connection or maybe even good old Radio Shack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.