Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old guy, just arrived as a newbe, been wishing for over 30 years but been to busy or what ever excuse comes to mind and finally acted on the wishing part. Home state is Montana.

·
Super Moderator
10,484 Posts
Welcome aboard from Pa.

·
Administrator
29,494 Posts
Welcome to the site. Montana huh? Where abouts? Love the State.

So does my Buddy below.

·
Premium Member
16,608 Posts
Hey 109ER: Careful with that Old Guy stuff, some of us might resemble that.
Where abouts in Montana ?. Got friends in Columbus. We try to get back there at least once a year and always challenge the Mighty Bear tooth.
And Welcome from the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, thank you for your mail. I live in NW Montana, little place called Saint Ignatius. I'm just a little boy who looks like an old man, well, thats what my mind thinks. Thanks.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1994 Gold Wing SE. She's old but not as old as what sits on her. I had a very dear friend who lived in Lacy WA until his passing two years ago it was an 8 hour drive so we got to see one another from time to time, we were in service together 1961-66 Bob...

·
Premium Member
16,608 Posts
Sounds like we are the same vintage. USAF 1961- 1970
Back in my working life, I build a Cable TV AML Micro Wave link from West Olympia to Lacy, way back in 1982. Time sure does fly by.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
24,216 Posts
Welcome along 109ER. Like that part of Montana too. Post a pic of your scoot if ye can.

·
Super Moderator
15,406 Posts
movin' to montana soon gon'a be ah dental floss tycoon :) hello 109er, welcome to GWOF. someone had to quote frank :)

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Welcome to the board & back to biking 109ER. Sorry to hear about your buddy.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ha, sure does. My buddy Joe who lived in Lacy died from the effects of agent orange and I sure do miss him. For me time seems to be moving ever faster despite my best efforts to slow it down, don't understand it can only go along for the ride. My very first and only bike was back around 1978, it was a Harley, when I rode it I had to keep one hand on the handle bar while the other held a screw driver so I could keep re-tightening things that kept working loose. One thing about that experience is it forced me understand how to fix my bike. No way I would try and do that today. Thanks for your mail. Bob..

Thank you for the welcome Badrider. Love your wake up philosophy, never quite thought of it like that but it works for me. Nice machine you have there. I purchased my bike from a 77 year old former Marine, he bought a 750 Shadow because the weight of the GL 1500 was more than he wanted to wrestle with at this point in his life. The guy looked like he was not a day over 50, don't I wish I had his gene pool. Great guy to boot. Thanks again. Bob...

Thank you for the welcome, really appreciate it. Bob...

Thank you for the welcome, I've got a picture, just got to find it. Don't suppose age has anything to do with it do ya? Naw, no way. Thanks again.

Hmm, thank you for the welcome. Dental floss tycoon ya say, suppose you know there are less than a million people in Montana, well, I suppose that depends on how old ye be, given enough time I believe you just might make it... he, he.... Thanks again for the welcome.

Good morning and thank you for your welcome. Your hammer words brought back fond memories, well, more like yesterday but then at my age yesterday was a memory at best. Thanks again. Bob...

Thank you IronLou, sure do appreciate the welcome. Never been to your part of the country but did get close one time.... Flew over it! Ah, but my bride did visit your neck of the woods, she loved it so all is not lost. Thanks again for the welcome. Bob.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Welcome and Howdy from Texas. Hear you got a beautiful state and hope to visit it someday. Have a good 'un and keep her tween the ditches. (Army 63-66) Isaac

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Somehow I don't think my return messages are marrying up with the original message sent me. Sorry about that folks, I'm not the best at understanding the how to's of responding. Give me a bit more time and I'll stumble my way through it. Thanks for all the Welcome's, don't know when I've been around such a friendly bunch, been a long time. 109ER.

Aw, DreamWeaver I don't think we've got anything on TX, but sure do appreciate your kind words. Thank you for the welcome and your service. I note your years of service were within the same years that I served. I was prior service meaning that I pulled a hitch with the Marine Corps Reserves before joining the Army in '61'. Thanks again. 109ER...

·
Premium Member
16,608 Posts
Somehow I don't think my return messages are marrying up with the original message sent me. Sorry about that folks, I'm not the best at understanding the how to's of responding. Give me a bit more time and I'll stumble my way through it. Thanks for all the Welcome's, don't know when I've been around such a friendly bunch, been a long time. 109ER.

Bob: Just click on the Quote icon at the lower right corner of the message you want to appear in your message. Give a few seconds and the reply theard window will open with the quote in it. Heck I even figured it out.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.