Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old guy, just arrived as a newbe, been wishing for over 30 years but been to busy or what ever excuse comes to mind and finally acted on the wishing part. Home state is Montana.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome aboard from Pa.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Welcome to the site. Montana huh? Where abouts? Love the State.

So does my Buddy below.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Hey 109ER: Careful with that Old Guy stuff, some of us might resemble that.
Where abouts in Montana ?. Got friends in Columbus. We try to get back there at least once a year and always challenge the Mighty Bear tooth.
And Welcome from the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello, thank you for your mail. I live in NW Montana, little place called Saint Ignatius. I'm just a little boy who looks like an old man, well, thats what my mind thinks. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting observation, lot's of Nor-Easters in this group. Thank you for your welcome.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Passed through St. Ignatius a couple of times. What are you riding ?.

From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1994 Gold Wing SE. She's old but not as old as what sits on her. I had a very dear friend who lived in Lacy WA until his passing two years ago it was an 8 hour drive so we got to see one another from time to time, we were in service together 1961-66 Bob...

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Sounds like we are the same vintage. USAF 1961- 1970
Back in my working life, I build a Cable TV AML Micro Wave link from West Olympia to Lacy, way back in 1982. Time sure does fly by.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along 109ER. Like that part of Montana too. Post a pic of your scoot if ye can.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
movin' to montana soon gon'a be ah dental floss tycoon :) hello 109er, welcome to GWOF. someone had to quote frank :)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha, sure does. My buddy Joe who lived in Lacy died from the effects of agent orange and I sure do miss him. For me time seems to be moving ever faster despite my best efforts to slow it down, don't understand it can only go along for the ride. My very first and only bike was back around 1978, it was a Harley, when I rode it I had to keep one hand on the handle bar while the other held a screw driver so I could keep re-tightening things that kept working loose. One thing about that experience is it forced me understand how to fix my bike. No way I would try and do that today. Thanks for your mail. Bob..

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome to the board & back to biking 109ER. Sorry to hear about your buddy.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the welcome Badrider. Love your wake up philosophy, never quite thought of it like that but it works for me. Nice machine you have there. I purchased my bike from a 77 year old former Marine, he bought a 750 Shadow because the weight of the GL 1500 was more than he wanted to wrestle with at this point in his life. The guy looked like he was not a day over 50, don't I wish I had his gene pool. Great guy to boot. Thanks again. Bob...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts