Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been cold up north, but it hasn't been much better here with the heat. Today it was so hot that the air con on the loco gave up the ghost. It was 108f in the shade and 125f in the cab. I burnt my hand on the handrail getting in the cab. On the ride home from work it was still 105f in the shade. Try getting on a seat that being outside all day waiting for a butt to sit on it to cool it down and other sensitive bit that don't like that much heat. It's all good though because I got to ride home even if I had to start by standing on the pegs. Tomorrow will be better, I will take the bike cover and I will be able to ride home sitting on the seat. Take care Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Right now Eric I'm sure a lot of us would take that headache.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's a dry clear heat, so it's just dam hot. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,734 Posts
The grumbling here about winter is that we can't ride, but most would agree that it is easier to bundle up against the cold than to strip down for the heat. The human body is a better heater than an air conditioner.

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Each extreme has it chalenge and dangers. When I was in Perth last week there was a 35 year old truck driver that took a wrong turn and got bogged. He made more mistakes that you could shake a stick at and payed the price with his life. He was in the outback of Western Australia without a sat phone. Then left his truck that would have had air con to walk for it. He didn't carry water with him and walked in the middle of the day, instead of at night. They found him 30km from his truck and 300mts from water. I know there are some that think I over prepare when going in the outback. But I think I give myself a good chance of getting home. If I ride the wing back from Perth the day temps could be between 90f-120f over 1800miles. I must prepare for those conditions and not get court in the idea that I have to make a certain distance.I still think riding in the white out on the way to Philip Island was more scarey than riding in the heat. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
It certainly sounds like riding in your neck of the woods is a greater challenge than here in the state. Here the biggest challenge many times is finding a motel at a decent rate and an all you can eat buffet at the end of the day... Ride safe my friend...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Having worked outside my entire life I can tell you this...I have always been able to feel my fingers and toes when it's hot out.

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
108f hey eric? i would be happy if my thermomomter read half of that. right now its showing 14f , the wind has kicked up, and an approaching snow storm. don't worry the toro powerlite and ccr2450 are home from the shop and i put new paddles on the ccr2000 yesterday. there is a craftsman 2 stage snowblower in the garage also

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All is well today, we had a cool change. Today was 95f, but it get better tomorrow, it should be about 90f. I may test ride a 94 wing tomorrow and see what Vanessa think of it. And next Monday I will check out the 85 wing in Perth. If we deciede on the wing in Perth I would love to ride it back, I will have just one opportunity in the next 2 months which will be when I get back from Perth. And if the temp is going to be over 100f, I think it can be transported to Adelaide.

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Keep us informed mate. Hopefully soon you will be enjoying the Wide World of Wingdom.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I will take 108 any day over this crappy snow and cold!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be able to get a photo of the 94 fairly easy because it is in Adelaide and I should be able to post it tomorrow. I will be in Perth on Monday and have a test run then. So you should be able to see it Monday morning yours. It would be fun getting an opinion from you guys on the other side of the world. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
it's still 14f eric and only an inch of snow fell last nite but the bulk of it is due later today

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not going into a competition with you guys but the the poor buggers in Queensland are being forced out out of their houses if they have one because there is a cyclone coming with 145 mph winds. Adelaide is not a bad place to be right now. Eric

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The cyclone in Queensland is expected to a category 5. Which is the same as Katrina in the USA. Eric

1 - 20 of 20 Posts