Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, post number one for a new Goldwing owner.. I purchased an 06 Goldwing yesterday with some encouragement from my brother in law who is confident its what I need in order to get my wife to ride more with me.. I found this jewel and couldn't be happier with the bike.. My brother in law and sister talked my wife in I to go on an inaugural ride last night (120 miles through a mountain pass). We had dinner and returned after dark with the temps cooling down. I used the hand warmers, seat warmer and toe warmers coming back over the pass and had informed my wife how to use her heater if she needed.. This morning while doing some cleaning I noticed a spot on the backrest. I know it was not there when I looked at the bike (two different nights) and it was not there when we loaded up for our ride. The only thing I can associate it with is possibly the seat warmer.. This was probably the first time the passenger heat was turned on ever.. Her riding jacket has no buckles or anything which could have caused it. She said the seat never reached a "hot" temperature but was comfortable. Has there been any issues with the GL1800's and heated seats melting the seat? I am at a loss and a little frustrated. I am debating about pulling the backrest off seeing if I can undo the cover to see if there is something internal with the wiring at fault.. I would appreciate any suggestion or thoughts.. Thank you in advance..

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
If you got it from a dealer you see if they will warranty it. If not I'd definitely look in to it.
I have seen a holes burned into a seat caused but embers from a cigarette.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello snownut, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
674 Posts
First off, nice Wing and great color choice. Plus one for straight to the dealer have them tell you if they will or will not repair this for you before you troubleshoot it. A simple ohm check will reveal if the heater element is shorted.

·
Registered
674 Posts
It sounds like you found a well taken care of Wing. Take some pictures of your investigation so we all can see what you find. Good luck I hope it turns out to be a easy fix.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well done. Now time to enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I have a few blemishes on my 08 here and there. Some are self induced and some are " Where did that come from ? ". You start by looking them over and with time you end up overlooking them. The old ones seem to disappear as the new ones are found.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
OK, I'll say it: Time to check Momma for a new, big wart or swollen tick!

Hey, somebody's got to ask these questions. Why else would there be a dent in the passenger's seat without a seat heater problem? What, she wouldn't notice a stone in her back? Obviously, I'm just kidding, right.:eek:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Stock seats will indent with items on the seat for periods of time, couple hours. Could have been a buckle or snap from a jacket and may work it's self back out in warm weather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.