Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from upstate NY to WV and back last Friday - Sunday. The '84 Aspencade performed flawlessly - from 80 mph on the interstates to the twisties on back roads through NY, PA, MD, and WV. West Virginia has some awesome roads for riding and spectacular scenery. Apologies to Rapier and Chopin - just couldn't pin down my itinerary enough to try to meet anyone anywhere. I found that the best idea for hot weather is to soak a tee shirt and put it on under my mesh jacket. It was amazing that I went 1020 miles and only got hit with about 18 raindrops the whole time.
Highly recommend West Virginia for riding. Lots and lots of great roads - just fill up when you get a chance and forget about cell phone coverage.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Damn Olds. Rap and I had to take the ladies down south. Rap went down along the coast line with Loni and I went directly to Williamsburg with Vickie. We both met up in Newport News for the ride back. Mz. Vickie is not, in my opinion, ready for the twisties of WV. Like yourself, I soaked my dew rag at every stop. I had my bike parked at a restaurant for a short while, and when I went back to it to retrieve something I hit the temp display button out of curiosity. It read 119*.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i take it that you didn't see anyother 26yr old bikes out making 1000 mile runs, how may days were you gone? i've done near 1200 miles on my 1200 wing in four days, was always confident in the bike getting me there and back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i take it that you didn't see anyother 26yr old bikes out making 1000 mile runs, how may days were you gone? i've done near 1200 miles on my 1200 wing in four days, was always confident in the bike getting me there and back
Went down on Friday, back on Sunday. After that ride, I'd go cross country without thinking twice...

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
:)I am setting up a eastcoast to Wy. Ut. Co. in the start of September on my 86 1200A and I am asked by people at work what am I thinking, well I am thinking of having a great time doing over 6k miles in 14 days and seeing sites that I have always wanted to see. I loved to read your post and ones like it and this is y I have loved my wings.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a great trip, though the first 1000 and last 1000 miles may be a little boring - there's not much between the Appalachians and the Rockies in terms of great scenery unless you head north through the Badlands. Enjoy and let us know how it goes when you get back.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
You are spot on with that one, I am looking to head through the Badlands and onto Beartooth Hy. down to Cody over to Yellowstone and than south into UT. Az. and Co.. and then back east. my first two and my last two to three days are all out, that is when the 86 will have time to shine.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Everyone that has a 1200 loves it, and as you well know they last forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts