Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I turned 100,000 miles my 2002 GL1800 on our trip this July-Aug. 2011.
Our total miles for the trip(s) in July and Aug 2011 was 9,467 miles
:)

IMG00669.jpg

IMG00465.jpg

IMG00466.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
The Wing looks like its ready for another 100K. Your avatar map looks like it needs one more spot to finish. Maybe next summer.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
It looks great for 100,000 miles on it. I can't wait untill I hit that on mine! Only 92000 more miles to go!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Congratulations. It will take me a bit to catch up to you all, but I'll keep trying.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Great looking wing you got there....and oh BTW...it's not broke in yet with only 100,000 miles on it....so keep on riding....

My 97 GL 1500 SE has 198,000 and counting.......

Ride Safe always!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
looks brand new still , hope mine looks like that after 50 thousand

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your comments.
So far I have not had any major issues with the 2002 GL1800. I do change my oil alot, change all the fluids annually, some more often, keep good tires on it, do all the maintenance items and I constantly check the bike over for loose nuts, bolts, and other things. I lubricate everything that moves. I have found over the years that if all the little things are caught early and taken care of that seldom are there major problems. When I take the bike apart to service it and all the plastic is off I always clean everything that is covered and wipe the frame down. It just seems to make a difference.
I have redone my front and rear suspension and I feel that has made a difference with the handling and performance as well.
I hope it has another 100,000 in it.......:)

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Great job John, great looking bike and a big smile from the Little Lady.

Now get back on that thing & go color in New England.:D

Again good for you guys & Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Good to see you getting full use of your bike. It's funny how you can buy a bike like mine with 80000 mile on it and it's a 1984 1200. What were the other owners doing for all those years. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
congrats on the milestone john. eric if you think the po of your 1200 wing didn't ride much my 1200 had 41,500 miles on it and i'm the third owner

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Ah yes, another "low mileage" Wing. Congrats and here is to another 100k...

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Ah yes, another "low mileage" Wing. Congrats and here is to another 100k...
TWW. Don't worry about the low mileage of my wing. I am averaging 1000 miles a month on both bikes. I will not catch John's mileage though. Eric

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TWW. Don't worry about the low mileage of my wing. I am averaging 1000 miles a month on both bikes. I will not catch John's mileage though. Eric
I really didn't pay attention to the milage, then realize that it was starting to rack up...........next thing I hit the 100K mark. Where did the time go?

Also, without thinking about it till then did I realize the combined milage with my previous bikes is close to 400,000 miles.

Thank God for the time, abiltiy, and saftey all these years.
Be safe and enjoy.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
PT, one of the nice things about living down south is the ability to ride all year long. We up here in the north (except for the real diehards) put the bikes away in December and they don't see the light of day until March at the earliest. I guess that's why a lot of used Wings up here have low mileage. Ride safe (all year long)...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Quite an accumulation John, way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts