Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 Goldwing with the premium audio/comfort package. I will be picking it up on Saturday 08/29/09. This is my first Goldwing, but not my first bike, or second, or third even...
Anyway, I have a question....

Although there are hookups for the helmet intercom/cb/radio, am I understanding that the passenger to rider intercom "unit" itself is not installed and that is something I need to purchase and install?

If I am understanding this correctly, is this something I can install myself, or is it necessary to have the dealer install it? What exactly am I asking the parts department to order? My wife and I already have helmets with J&M speakers and mics, I just need new lower cords I assume... My skill level working on bikes is pretty high, so I'm not afraid to tackle the job if I have to....

i would appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Bikerndriver, you have indeed misunderstood. The intercom system is up and running - you just have to turn the button on and you will see an icon appear on the digital display. Hitting the button briefly will switch it from headphones to the dash speakers. Hold it in for a second or two and it will shut off. And you need the 5-pin patch cord for your helmets. The CB is not on the bike but all the wiring is there for an install. Good luck. Lyndon

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It is on the bike but you need to buy the headsets. Pushing the audio button's in and releasing them will switch from outside speakers to helmet speakers on all audio items of course except intercom. Pushing the button in and holding it for a few seconds will turn it off. Then you must set the intercom volume and intercom mute, along with the AVC for the radio, The AVC muct be set once while the sppeakers on outside speakers and once while they are on helmet speakers. Each radio button has a lot of functions it can perform, read the owners manuel it will help you alot.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the board from Pa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear speakers

Hi, I am new to this I my be in the wrong place but I will have a go.
I have fitted two rear speakers on my goldwing, the fitting went o/k till I came to where do I plug in the plug into? doe's any one have any idea where I can start looking I have removed the seat lots of wires lots of plugs which one do I choose.regards Rasher

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
What year and model Wing do you have?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Rasher: the connector leads are inside the rear speaker housing/armrest cover. There should be 5 screws to remove under the inside trunklid cover (it has to be removed to access the screws) in order to get the speaker cover off. When you install the speakers, be sure that the speaker terminals face inwards. Good luck.
p.s. if you plan on doing much of your own work (and even if you aren't) a 'Honda' GL1800 shop/service manual is invaluable. There are lots of errors in the other ones.:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
try going to Goldwingdocs.com and you will find a full PDF Wing manual and in it the wiring etc. I to have a 2008 wing and also have the J&M add unit to let the wife use the CB and control her mic and the headset volume for her position

1 - 11 of 11 Posts