Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
That does not seem like a lot miles for a set of brakes. Are you especially hard on the brakes or do you do a lot of hard driving? If you do, it would seem the stock/OEM brakes would not be a good replacement for you. I would look into some tougher brakes with longer life expectancy. A google search should produce some good results, or perhaps some others on the board could offer a suggestion.. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That seems very unusual, are you sure? Have you looked at the pads? You might have something dragging. I ran 37,000 on my 02 and the brakes were good when I sold it. You should get about 40,000 + miles from a set of pads. I would stay with the Honda pads if and when you replace them, I have 18,000 on my 08 and the pads are hardly worn at all. Are you going to do the brake job your self? Where in Calif. are you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GL1800 disk brakes

I guess I'm having a hard time slowing down by down shifting, seems it back pressure is very light on my wing so I end up braking hard. I'm new to big bike so I hope I will get better with use. I live in So. Calif. and I plan on trying to change the brakes myself.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts