Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Honda accessories (LED fog lights, passenger audio controller and CB radio) for my new GL1800. Now I find none of the jacks under the seat agree with the jacks on the accessories. Did Honda change the jacks on the new models?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
'09 GL1800 - Accessory Jacks Are Different?

My Honda dealer has now confirmed that the accessory terminals are different on the new Goldwings. They have ordered new electrical accessories for me. I'll then replace the ones already installed and take comparison photos of the old and new terminals if I get a chance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the CB factory installed so I'm not aware of any jack problems. However, I've ordered the J&M passenger audio controls for the little lady. Looking at product reviews on the web, the Honda audio products generally don't get very good comments. I have J&M helmet comms and they are very good so I stuck with the same. I have all extra stuff added by my local dealer. They are much better equipped for the unexpected than I am. Let us know how the new extras work out for you. I'm particularly interested in the audio controls. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Just checked with a guy that transfered all his accessories from his 02 to his 09 and they all fit, no new or different connectors.
Are you sure you are using the right jacks,? There are a lot of empty ones under the seat, they are color coded but you might have two or three the same color. Honda usually makes it real easy to put on accessories, Doesn't seem logical that Honda would change connectors for the same accessory.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The CB radio is the same
Honda 40 channel CB radio kit for GL1800. Fits all GL1800 years. FREE SHIPPING. 08E95-MCA-102
The PTT button is the same
Honda passenger audio controller for the GL1800. 08E96-MCA-100G FREE SHIPPING.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts