Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my GW since June 2007. I ride my GW anytime weather permits all year round here in CT. Winter riding is great with the use of the heated grips and heated seats. Just recently I have had a problem with the heated grips. On start up they heat up, but it appears that after 10 minutes into the ride they cool down and don't heat up again. I went to the dealer with the problem. They said they had to go to Honda. Haven't heard anything yet. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and, if so, how was it fixed. Thanks, Redwing7

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heated grips...

I also have noticed that the grips tend to heat up at first, and then cool off for a while. This may be normal -- I don't know.

Also, my grips are only warm on the very inside (towards the gas tank), but on the outside (away from the gas tank), they don't heat up at all. Is that normal?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Redwing7, keep after the dealer, Honda knows they have a problem with the heated grips and heated seat on the Gold Wing. most of them don't 1/2 the time. If you don't get a reply from him try another dealer or call Honda 1-866-784-1870

·
Super Moderator
9,858 Posts
Red, I have an 09 and haven't experienced any problems (yet) with the grips or seat. If you bought the bike in June 07, unless you bought the extended warranty, you are close to the end of the warranty period. I hope the dealership is not giving you the run around. If you don't have it, you may want to consider buying the extended warranty. You can get it for about $500, which is about the cost of fixing one or two problems with the Wing. Good luck, hope you get this resolved. Ride safe..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts