Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a riding friend of mine has an 07 1300...

he put a set of Vance Hines pipes on it and it had a slight exhaust leak but seemed to run fairly well at first...

he took it to a shop and they put in some cobra(R) jets. they were way too rich and the bike ran terribly. the plugs were fouling and it ran just terribly...

he took it back and put some other jets in and now its running lean (i think thats where hes at)...

any idea what size jets he needs to fix this? he doesnt want to take it to the honda shop for the amount of money he'll have to pay THEM...

thanks

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Did they ' dyno-test " the bike or just use trial and error ? These are carburetor engines and it takes some mounting and remounting of the tank to changes the jets out after each test.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did they ' dyno-test " the bike or just use trial and error ? These are carburetor engines and it takes some mounting and remounting of the tank to changes the jets out after each test.
Im sure it was trial and error. The shop he went to doesn't have a dyno. Sound like he needs an A/F mixture test?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
My son has his dyno'ed after putting some aftermarket pipes on. A mechanic at a local shop owned one and would advertise his service. If I remember correctly, it took three adjustment attempts to get it as close as he could. He installed an adjustable needle and would test and adjust the needle level, test and adjust the needle level. I think the process cost Andrew about $100 and $30 for the carb parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts