Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing a bulb in my taillights mounted on the truck the middle prong broke and was jammed in the connector. I was able to remove metal from plastic connector and doesn't appear to have caused problem with the connector. Without this middle prong the break light work but the running lights are not.

Can the socket be purchased separately? If so, what's it called or is the part number stamped on the taillight somewhere? The socket and light have Stanley marked on them.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light Vehicle

Hand Automotive tire Finger Gas Thumb

·
Registered
421 Posts
There are four sockets across the trunk. From the factory, two (usually the outer) have both brake and tail light functions in the harness. The other two have either brake or tail light but not both. The sockets and bulbs are all the same (dual filament); just a "missing" wire in the harness.

You should check which configuration you have. You could swap with the inner socket and, if necessary to match the harness, move the connector within the socket; a cheap but special tool is made to release the metal tabs for removal but a tiny screwdriver will work.

I think it's safer to have two taillights and four brake lights. Alternatively, if you buy a new socket, you could add the jumpers in to make all four work as both brake and taillights.

Reactions: W1ngin1t

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to obtain another socket and have a working bulb again in my taillight. I was in there adding wiring for additional trunk and saddlebag LED lights. The chrome LEDs were very cheap and flimsy and there wiring harness had fitment issues. There was another light bar that was to run under the truck lid but that broke during installation. It was a kit i bought on Fleabay and was cheap, low quality material. But after some time it's all back together.

Please overlook the blue painters tape as I put a dab of silicone on the corners and giving it some time to cure. I had to scrap off the orginial double sided tape.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Car

Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Amber Headlamp Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire

·
Registered
488 Posts
At first I was concerned you were talking about a TRUCK not your Goldwing TRUNK. My center trunk bulbs support the brake lights and I installed a brake flasher too these sockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts