Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at bidding on a 05 GW on ebay, is there much difference in handling between the 05 and later models , any thing I should know about in regards to modifications etc, that makes an 05 any less disirable? ONe last stupid question , is reverse standard with the 05?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Mileage, condition and service records are a good start. The 06 and newer have bigger radiators, bigger alternators, Euro tail lights, and some have heated grips, heated seat, and GPS. If the price difference isn't to much I would go for the 06 and up. There are some great deals out there now on late model used wings. This onre is in NJ
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:39 pm Post subject: 2006 GL 1800 Prem. Audio 2006 GL1800 Prem. Audio, 10,375mi., Dark Red, Honda Warranty till /2013, Honda Wing & Brake Light/w/back-off, Honda fog lights, Honda factory manual & Freds CD's, RTE color matched cowl, exhaust protectors, & front fender ext., Winglites by Ted, Muth mirrors, 2- 12v. outlets, Wingleader passenger foot pegs, Tulsa belly pan, Baker mirror wings, Exhaust turn downs, Kury Ergo pegs+ long & short arms, Rivco rack mount & rack, Butler cup & holder, discrete black & silver pin stripping, oil & oil filter changed twice a year,all other fluids changed annually, always garaged and covered, absolutely perfect condition, original adult owner/rider, more info on request, local sale and pick-up only, original, clear title in my possession. Located in Essex County, Northern N.J. Asking $15,000, or best offer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Didn't the early wings have a recall for frame cracks? If that is true you might want to get the vin and run it by a Honda service department to see if the recall/upgrade was performed.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I believe 05 Wings were not affected by frame cracking issue. I believe it was the 01 to 04 bikes. Also 01 - 04 has some issues with cooling that I think was addressed in later models. If the bike has been maintained neither of the two issues should be a problem.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The bad news is in some areas excellent condition low millage used wings can cost as much as brand new previous year models. Difference being the "goodies" on the used one. We opted for the new last year model route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.