Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at bidding on a 05 GW on ebay, is there much difference in handling between the 05 and later models , any thing I should know about in regards to modifications etc, that makes an 05 any less disirable? ONe last stupid question , is reverse standard with the 05?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last question first, reverse is standard on a 05. Handling should be the same, as long as tires, suspension, etc are in good condition. 2001 to 2009 Gold Wings are fundamentaly the same. Option Packages is what makes them different. On used bikes prime concerns should be, condition, mileage, has the scheduled maintence been done, has the bike been down. Have it checked by some one who knows what to look for. Well cared for, low mileage bikes well be worth more, than a average condition one. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Mileage, condition and service records are a good start. The 06 and newer have bigger radiators, bigger alternators, Euro tail lights, and some have heated grips, heated seat, and GPS. If the price difference isn't to much I would go for the 06 and up. There are some great deals out there now on late model used wings. This onre is in NJ
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:39 pm Post subject: 2006 GL 1800 Prem. Audio 2006 GL1800 Prem. Audio, 10,375mi., Dark Red, Honda Warranty till /2013, Honda Wing & Brake Light/w/back-off, Honda fog lights, Honda factory manual & Freds CD's, RTE color matched cowl, exhaust protectors, & front fender ext., Winglites by Ted, Muth mirrors, 2- 12v. outlets, Wingleader passenger foot pegs, Tulsa belly pan, Baker mirror wings, Exhaust turn downs, Kury Ergo pegs+ long & short arms, Rivco rack mount & rack, Butler cup & holder, discrete black & silver pin stripping, oil & oil filter changed twice a year,all other fluids changed annually, always garaged and covered, absolutely perfect condition, original adult owner/rider, more info on request, local sale and pick-up only, original, clear title in my possession. Located in Essex County, Northern N.J. Asking $15,000, or best offer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Didn't the early wings have a recall for frame cracks? If that is true you might want to get the vin and run it by a Honda service department to see if the recall/upgrade was performed.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I believe 05 Wings were not affected by frame cracking issue. I believe it was the 01 to 04 bikes. Also 01 - 04 has some issues with cooling that I think was addressed in later models. If the bike has been maintained neither of the two issues should be a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
05 vs later models

I had an 2005 with 55K miles. I wanted more bells and whistles so I traded for the 2010 with Premium sound-Nav system and I can tell you there is no differance in the handling. Both bikes are fantastic.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The bad news is in some areas excellent condition low millage used wings can cost as much as brand new previous year models. Difference being the "goodies" on the used one. We opted for the new last year model route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my first Goldwing off ebay 2006 4456 miles with the 4000 mile service and additional 5 yr warranty till 2014 $13659.00 plus all the gov't charges! i have ridden it 40 feet from the trailer to the garage. i have taken everything I can off of it and reinstalled it just to get familair with the bike and I'm bored!

Installed fog lights and auxillary power outlet bought electrical and shop manual off ebay both for $34 bucks. Belly pan on the way. I had one drawn up ready to cut on the water jet but Wingstuff had them on sale for $39.00 last week $45. with freight, can't make one for that!
I built a 1979 CB750 K from parts off ebay two winters ago. Bored again.

Go for it get your check book out and buy one!! late Model low miles can't go wrong I think I got lucky and got a repo, perfect condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts