Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw it this morning on the way out to go to work. Small puddle under the bike. Rode it a little while yesterday and could smell coolant - didn't think anything of it at the time. Now I'm concerned. I have seen offhanded comments about the 05's having a coolant leak. Is there a quick and easy fix for this, or am I going to have to take a second mortgage to pay the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Could be just a loose clamp, cracked hose or something like that. See what side the coolant is coming from and see if you can check around the hoses. Don't know how much tupperware you will need to take off, but might be worth a first look. You might also want to check the GL1800riders forum and do a search to see of anyone else has reported a problem on the 05's. Good luck, hope you find it and it's an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
coolant leak

Weeping a puddle of green slime huh? So did I: I ride an 04 Wing. Apparently there is a three way (T) hosecoupling buried way down inside. On the 04s this doo-morr was known to fail, mine did but it was in first year and warranty covered it. I am not at all handy about fixing things, I can't even get under the first tupperware layer so I can't guide you.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Could come from a couple of different places
there is a clamp right at the back of the alternator, pull the chrome cover over the alt (left side) and you will see it buried up there.
There are 3 clamps UNDER the fuel tank that have been known to leak, also by both header covers there are clamps/hoses there

·
Registered
4 Posts
the best thing is to pressurize the cooling system with a radiator pressurizing tool. That will show right where the leak is. you remove the radiator cap and install the pump from there and use the hand pump to pressurize it and listen and watch for where the antifreeze is coming from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts