·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a front wheel to fit an '03 gl1800

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
What did you do Randy? Or..... what are you planning???????

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think I know when this happened, but I'm not positive. I was doing about 6o on an unlit concrete four-lane when I hit a spot in the seam where the far side had risen at least an inch, probably from frost heave. An area of the left side leading edge was pushed away from the tire. I didn't notice the damage till few days later. I can't think of anything else I've hit hard enough to this.

But since then, I've been over 2k miles.....the wheel still seems balanced, no vibration, no scalloping, and no loss of air. But I'm thinking when I get the tire replaced, I will mount a new wheel also. Flush another $400.

I'm trying to learn how to attach pics to a reply but it aint easy for this dumb old .....

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Randy,

If the wheel is in good condition & you don't want it, I'll take it. I need a spare to chrome.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had seen these two postings earlier. I found a place in Grand Prairie, Rim Spec. Their main product line is repairing wheels. The bent area is about a half inch away from the tire and 3 inches long. After the tire was off, we found a crack near the center line.

Fill and weld the crack, press out the bend, fully polish, and balance the naked wheel, all for $200.

Probably going to Memphis and northern Arkansas Thanksgiving weekend if the weather stays good. I'll give a review of the repair success after that.

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Randy,

So you don't mind if I contact FisherJB about the wheel?

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mark, no, not at all. All three of us will come out a winners.

fisherjb, I definitely would have taken it. I could have been down there to pickup and back in a day. But I'm scheduled to be on a ride Wednesday afternoon and jumped at the first affordable option I saw.

I'd like to take the credit for bringing Mark and fisherbj together, but we all know that's what this forum does.

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Awesome, Thanks, :)

Mr Fisher let's talk. I sent you an email.

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Hey everyone.....especially anyone in Texas, Mr. Fisher's wheel is still available!

I had to pass on getting the wheel, NOT that the $150 wasn't a fair price, it was the $69.00 shipping fee that put me over the edge. So if anyone near him is looking it's still available.

By the way Mr. Fisher did all the leg work in finding out the shipping cost. I thank him for all he did!

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.