Honda Goldwing Forums

Honda Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/)
-   Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/11-honda-goldwing-forum-general-discussion/)
-   -   Any quirks with the new Goldwings? (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/11-honda-goldwing-forum-general-discussion/126983-any-quirks-new-goldwings.html)

nando 08-21-2019 02:46 PM

Any quirks with the new Goldwings?

I almost got a 2018 Goldwing, but the GPS limitations and the speculated front fork 'Honda-savings' scared me away.

Any improvements on the forks on the 2019? Any news on the 2020?

Jinx 08-21-2019 05:35 PM

What issue with the forks ? Probably no major changes until 22.

Chopin 08-21-2019 05:52 PM

Almost doesn't count except in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades.

ironhorse54 08-21-2019 05:57 PM

There are no forks on the 2018, its the new wishbone suspension, which is fabulous. I just turned 10,000 miles over the past six months and it is a fabulous riding machine. What GPS limitations are you talking about? I have use mine a
great deal. I have not noticed any problems.

nando 08-21-2019 06:33 PM

I am concern about the fork structures Max from Traxxion has posted on U Tube.

The GPS apparently is set up such as it does not work with Android? am I right about that?

Jinx 08-21-2019 07:09 PM

Well I guess that explains the fork issue . There aren't any.

budoka 08-22-2019 08:52 AM

Not to diss Max and his desire to make the front suspension on any bike better (he does have a product to sell), there are no inherent problems with the 2018-19 Goldwing front end. Just as the front 'forks' on the former model may have been an archaic design (outdated and not the best), they did work. Any suspension can be improved upon no mater what it's on be it a touring bike, sport bike, cruiser, off road, whatever. If that weren't true, companies like Racetech, Ohlins, Kyle Racing, and yes, Traxxion et al would not exist.

The GPS isn't an issue with Android, it's a headbutt thing with the Apple Carplay being a different operating system just like a computer. The Android based phones will work with the Goldwing, it's is just that the Carplay is designed by and for Apple technology so some of the features will not interface with Android devices. The GPS still functions as it should, but you won't hear "what's her name" answering your questions or providing you with voice prompts. I personally don't like the Apple system on any front (I will surrender up my PC when they lift my cold, dead fingers from the keyboard), but that isn't why I don't own a 2018-19 model at all. I just can't justify dropping the amount of coin necessary for ownership when I have a perfectly sound and trusty steed in the garage that I won't live long enough to wear out.

OMG, did I just say something about practicality in my motorcycling life?:surprise:

ETC 08-22-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nando (Post 2209849)

The GPS apparently is set up such as it does not work with Android? am I right about that?

I have seen no issues with the forks or linkage setup - Sometime people raise issues for sales purposes. Just a thought.

joe in calif 08-23-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nando (Post 2209849)

Here is the problem, Max from Traxxion , he has a product to sell. I guess anything can be made better but it's a touring machine, and set up for comfort and reliability

bob2002 08-27-2019 12:47 PM

I would not have bought the new wing if the Traxxion suspension wasn't available but form your own opinion. I had to change the tie rod before 6,000 it was out of spec, replaced with the Traxxion tie rod,once and done. I aways figure on changing the seat ,windshield and handle bar setbacks no surprise there. I have no problem with the GPS, it takes me from point A to B no fuss.
The major flaw the DCT Tour model has is that it is habit forming with no cure known :grin2: