Honda Goldwing Forums

Honda Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/36-lounge/)
-   -   The rest of the Story (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/36-lounge/126795-rest-story.html)

Ron Robertson 07-30-2019 09:43 AM

The rest of the Story

Some of you might remember back in May I took a fall and banged up my fight shoulder. There was more to the story that I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure where it was going at the time. Now we know so here it is.
During the CT scan to look at my shoulder they noticed spots on my liver, that started the search. With out all the details they found the source of the problem which is a growth in my Colon that had started to spread, the good news so far it's only too the liver. So as the nurse in the ER said the fall that injured my shoulder was a Blessing in that we found this thing in it's fairly early stage.
So Tomorrow, I start my Chemotherapy treatment. I've had the chemo port install in my chest, the treatment consists of a three med cocktail that is administered through the port in my chest over a 46 hour period. Good part is I don't have stay in the hospital, they hook a bag with the meds in it up to the port and send me home, I come back in two days and they remove the bag, and I free for two weeks and we repeat the process every two weeks for the next 6 months. And hopefully the stuff goes into remission.
So now you Know.

Cantankerous 07-30-2019 09:48 AM

Prayers sent that it does go into remission. It is good that they found it early.

Ron Robertson 07-30-2019 09:54 AM

Thanks, my friend

Chopin 07-30-2019 10:42 AM

That's one mis-step for man; one giant leap for the all of us.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

DreamWeaver 07-30-2019 11:21 AM

Dang, Ron. Sorry to hear this but its great that they caught it early. I'll be praying for your steady progress and eventual recovery. Hang in there bud....
Isaac

budoka 07-30-2019 11:23 AM

Ron, thank you for sharing this with all of us. There is indeed strength in numbers and this fellowship here is a big number for sure. Goes without saying that you are in our thoughts and prayers. 0:)

alwims 07-30-2019 11:25 AM

We'll say a prayer for you friend.

Ron Robertson 07-30-2019 11:47 AM

Thank you all, Great bunch hangs out here.
Thanks again

Luv2fish 07-30-2019 11:55 AM

Good luck Ron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crownfire 07-30-2019 12:14 PM

I'm glad you found out early. Sure pray the Chemotherapy treatment goes easy and does the job. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.