Honda Goldwing Forums

Honda Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/)
-   Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/11-honda-goldwing-forum-general-discussion/)
-   -   Airhawk cushion (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/11-honda-goldwing-forum-general-discussion/125679-airhawk-cushion.html)

JKWinger 03-26-2019 01:19 AM

Airhawk cushion

You guys using the airhawk. How do you like it and what size are you using on your wing?

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98

Chopin 03-26-2019 04:06 AM

Large .....

Xerdoc 03-26-2019 07:05 AM

I have a large airhawk that I used on a 2,000 mile trip last Fall on my '18 GW. I tried filling it from a little over to a little under recommended pressures. I don't use it now. Too bouncy at higher pressure, no noticeable increase in comfort at normal or lower pressure. Just one more accessory to keep track of. It is now collecting dust. I need to get off the bike every 120mi or so regardless. Hope this helps. I do not recommend it.

Luv2fish 03-26-2019 07:31 AM

I use the large and I like it. I still stop every 1-2 hours for a break but I think it is a good addition.
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironhorse54 03-26-2019 07:34 AM

I have been using an air hawk for years, and very pleased with it. Use minimal air is the key. It is not perfect, but is tremendously better than the stock seat. Would not leave home without it. Large.

bcihil 03-26-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironhorse54 (Post 2189233)
I have been using an air hawk for years, and very pleased with it. Use minimal air is the key. It is not perfect, but is tremendously better than the stock seat. Would not leave home without it. Large.

I agree. We were at the Honda Hoot and Airhawk let us test ride ride them. What used to be a sore but after a few hours turned into a relaxing 5 hour ride.
The vendor showed us how to adjust the air pressure. Just enough to conform to your backside without actually lifting you on the seat. Takes the pressure off your tailbone and allows air to circulate.
It does take little while to get used to.

snowmoer 03-26-2019 10:00 AM

Another lover of the Air Hawk. Use the large size also. I could only stand to ride my 2012 for one tank of gas then I had to get off for a good long rest. I put the Air Hawk on and can now go from tank to tank to tank without stopping other then for a bathroom break. I put on 600-800 mile days and am ready to repeat the next day on my long trips. No way I could do this on the stock seat.

As others have said, you just need a little air to get your bones off the seat just a little. It also takes a little getting used to sitting a little higher in the seat. I do not use mine for short rides or running around town. I can stand the stock seat for that. I just use it for long multi day trips or all day rides.

Catbird 03-26-2019 10:55 AM

I used a large Airhawk for a year or two. It was okay, but definitely not a dream come true for me personally. I saw a lot of good reviews for a very simple 25 dollar bead mat and tried it. I've used it ever since. For one thing, it allows lots of air circulation. Otherwise, I don't know how it does what it does, but it works for me. Of course, one thing that I've discovered is that lots of us are built differently from one another (size, shape, age, etc.) and what is the perfect answer for one doesn't work for another. http://wingstuff.com/products/22902-...?from_search=1

TAL 03-26-2019 01:05 PM

I like sitting on air....

Chopin 03-26-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbird (Post 2189255)
I used a large Airhawk for a year or two. It was okay, but definitely not a dream come true for me personally. I saw a lot of good reviews for a very simple 25 dollar bead mat and tried it. I've used it ever since. For one thing, it allows lots of air circulation. Otherwise, I don't know how it does what it does, but it works for me. Of course, one thing that I've discovered is that lots of us are built differently from one another (size, shape, age, etc.) and what is the perfect answer for one doesn't work for another. http://wingstuff.com/products/22902-...?from_search=1

I, too, had the bead mat from Wingstuff. The air flow was great on those hot day rides, and the multi bead surface allowed for easy shifting around on the seat. I didn't need more padding, just a different interface between me and the vinyl. The beads are black painted wood. The years have taken their toll so I'm ready for a replacement. Wish they made them with ceramic beads.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk