Honda Goldwing Forums

Honda Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/)
-   Central (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/28-central/)
-   -   Southern Indiana Ride (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/28-central/124437-southern-indiana-ride.html)

Blkbrd11XX 09-12-2018 01:19 PM

Southern Indiana Ride

Planning on trying to take a trip to southern indiana with the wife. I was thinking to New Albany??? Any suggestions for roads, scenery, eateries, POI for that part of the state? I only know of it from I-65. Have never traveled the back roads

BUDDTWO 09-12-2018 09:17 PM

I dont know where your coming from butif your coming south on I-65 and get off at the Columbus exit its south of Indy. Go towards Nashville In. the town is like a little Gatlinburg lots of shops and food. Just before you get into the town Is Hwy 135 if you take it south you will be riding thru some nice hills. It will take you To Salem In and then down to you can take a few different roads to get to New Albany all country roads. When are you planning your trip I live in New Albany and like ridding up to Little Nashville nice ride and nice town. Let me know and maybe we can meet up for coffee.----------------------------Hal

NREMTP 09-13-2018 05:54 AM

Try to hit Vincennes on the way or back. Very historic town and has the Red Skelton museum.

Blkbrd11XX 09-13-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDDTWO (Post 2166401)
I dont know where your coming from butif your coming south on I-65 and get off at the Columbus exit its south of Indy. Go towards Nashville In. the town is like a little Gatlinburg lots of shops and food. Just before you get into the town Is Hwy 135 if you take it south you will be riding thru some nice hills. It will take you To Salem In and then down to you can take a few different roads to get to New Albany all country roads. When are you planning your trip I live in New Albany and like ridding up to Little Nashville nice ride and nice town. Let me know and maybe we can meet up for coffee.----------------------------Hal

Ill be coming from North of Indy. A meet up sounds good. Id like to do it soon. Dont know about this weather. looks like we may have caught a break in the rain. We can meet you in Nashville and follow you to Albany. I was thinking this saturday but since my sons have football, we couldnt leave till noonish. Ill see if that works for my wife and let you know for sure.

Blkbrd11XX 09-13-2018 09:26 AM

excellent suggestion, thank you!

Old_skool 04-09-2019 02:40 PM

I'm game, weekends only. My gf has family in Jeffersonville. Currently in the process of seeing what's the deal with my clutch and trying to find someone to help with the front brakes (bleed).

Cheers!