Honda Goldwing Forums

Honda Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/)
-   Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/11-honda-goldwing-forum-general-discussion/)
-   -   TPMS error 2018 Gold Wing (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/11-honda-goldwing-forum-general-discussion/119489-tpms-error-2018-gold-wing.html)

encmerk 02-16-2018 08:39 PM

TPMS error 2018 Gold Wing

When I drove home with the new bike on Wednesday I got a TPMS system error about 10 miles from the dealership. After checking the tires were ok, I continued home. I called the dealership on Thursday morning and told them about the issue and that I also saw it on the demo bike. I was the first rider on that as well. This morning they provided me the document in my album titled ďTPMS error fixĒ. I performed the listed procedure and the light went out. Sharing this to take stress off others who might see it in the near future,

joe in calif 02-17-2018 09:49 AM

Good information for others that might have that same problem. But don't you think the dealer should have taken care of that issue before you took delivery of the bike, they do charge a set up fee!!

encmerk 02-17-2018 11:17 AM

Absolutely Joe, that should have been done. The fact that Honda had to put out a bulletin shows that because the TPMS sensors are so new, the builder and service staff are overlooking the process of deflating the tires just to take the air pressure up to spec. Itís counterintuitive to do that.

dsurley 02-17-2018 05:40 PM

I get an error on mine as well...... but only on really cold mornings (my definition.... about 40 F)
but it only happens at the exact same stretch of road..... and goes out at the same place....
Thinking I am getting some sort of radio interference on the same frequency or something

slowrollin 02-17-2018 10:26 PM

What year is your bike and what was the fix

encmerk 02-18-2018 06:13 AM

Slowrollin, Iím on an Ď18 wing tour. Iíve posted the pic of the Honda service bulletin to my picture album. Basically, you have to rapidly lower the air pressure of a tire below 18psi and then refill it to spec. Repeat for second tire.

crownfire 02-18-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsurley (Post 2091001)
I get an error on mine as well...... but only on really cold mornings (my definition.... about 40 F)
but it only happens at the exact same stretch of road..... and goes out at the same place....
Thinking I am getting some sort of radio interference on the same frequency or something

My 2010 did the same thing a few years back. Then it went on full time. Not the low pressure but the TPMS system light. The dealer replaced the sensors under warranty just before it went out of date. It has done it a couple times this winter, also on very cold days, in the same stretch of road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by encmerk (Post 2091273)
Slowrollin, Iím on an Ď18 wing tour. Iíve posted the pic of the Honda service bulletin to my picture album. Basically, you have to rapidly lower the air pressure of a tire below 18psi and then refill it to spec. Repeat for second tire.

If my problems comes back I'll give this a try.

slowrollin 02-18-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by encmerk (Post 2091273)

Thanks! What bothers me about this is, I'm working on getting a new one now and I was assured by both the sales guy and the service manager that this was an all new TPMS system and those problems were gone. I've trying to figure out how to get rid of that light on my 2015 since I got it. Saw a video on youTube from Cruiseman's Garage where he did this, but I'm to chicken to go in start cutting wires.

W1ngin1t 02-18-2018 08:29 AM

Is it just me or are dealerships lazy and just donít care about customer service?

If I were a dealer and knew that there was an issue and a fix for a new bike....I would make damn sure the service bulletin was done BEFORE I gave it to the customer.

Love a Honda Motorcycle, I cant stand their service department.

Rant over.

slowrollin 02-18-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W1ngin1t (Post 2091377)
Is it just me or are dealerships lazy and just donít care about customer service?

If I were a dealer and knew that there was an issue and a fix for a new bike....I would make damn sure the service bulletin was done BEFORE I gave it to the customer.

Love a Honda Motorcycle, I cant stand their service department.

Rant over.

I'd have to agree. While the two service departments I have visited have done good work, they haven't always been customer focused.