Honda Goldwing Forums

Honda Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/36-lounge/)
-   -   IDMWT Membership (https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/36-lounge/10517-idmwt-membership.html)

Two Wheel Wing 04-29-2012 04:20 PM

IDMWT Membership

Just for fun.. I thought we should have a IDMWT (I Dropped My Wing Today) membership. Kind of like the "darksider" membership. Don't be ashamed, you know there are a lot of us out there...

So I'm starting the thread with my name and I'm taking membership #1.

If you want to join the club post a comment on what happened and take the next sequential number.

My story is I was washing my GL1500 in the driveway which had more of a pitch than I thought. I had it on the side stand but the bike had very little lean to it. I went to snap the radio cover on the bike and when I hit the cover with my hand the bike started falling. I grabed the handlebar and the seat handle to try to stop her but I ended up being tossed over the bike onto the driveway. No damage to me (except pride) and the wing lost a mirror. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Two Wheel Wing IDMWT #1.

EFINREF 04-29-2012 07:26 PM

Efinref #2
Lets see...I dropped it on the 3rd day trying to turn left from a steep slope. Dropped it again from a stop with the handle bars turned and my foot slipped. Finally, my last drop was while making a turnaround and the Wing lurched forward. 3 drops....But you know what, I got bucked off a few horses. Not Bulls though....Fossil has me beat there

BUDDTWO 04-29-2012 07:26 PM

#3 Here went ridding with my son him on my 85 me on my 84, took a break went to put the side stand down. I guess it did not go all the way out sprang back up,and I had all ready let the bike go over to far down she went !! Hal

Chopin 04-29-2012 07:41 PM

#4. Do I have to relive this again????? Emboldened by too much wine I tried to center stand the bike in my socks. Does it still count ? BTW : IDMWT stand for I'm a DiMWiT

Ron Robertson 04-29-2012 07:50 PM

#5 Well too many times to list them all, so I'll go with the most embarrassing.
A few years ago on Memorial day I was leading our annual Freedom isn't Free ride to post Flag at several Veterans memorials around the county. We were coming into Blaine Washington on O'Dell rd. O'Dell intersects H st rd. H st is coming down hill from the right. Odell is coming up hill into the intersection and has the stop sign. Needless to say the intersection angles down hill to the left.
Most times you can easy up on the intersection and sneak through with out stopping. Not this day, Police come up hill on the left a car coming down hill on the right. I stopped and found my left leg to short to reach the ground. And down we went, in front of 6 other wings. No damage to the bike or us, But my pride took a beatiing

Ron Robertson 04-29-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopin114 (Post 98889)
#4. Do I have to relive this again????? Emboldened by too much wine I tried to center stand the bike in my socks. Does it still count ?

This one of those I know what I was doing, But what was I thinking moments:D

Bamaeagle 04-29-2012 09:16 PM

#6. On the first day I got my 1500 I was riding it around the yard at the house in wet grass as it had rained that day. I went to make a slow left turn and she slid right out from under me. I do not ride in the grass now....LOL.

Ron Robertson 04-29-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamaeagle (Post 98909)
#6. On the first day I got my 1500 I was riding it around the yard at the house in wet grass as it had rained that day. I went to make a slow left turn and she slid right out from under me. I do not ride in the grass now....LOL.

Good decision:D

trike lady 04-30-2012 12:06 AM

I probably cannot qualify as my Wing has a Voyager, but I did drop my 1988 Electra Glide.

Tatanka 04-30-2012 12:27 AM

Chopin,

Oh Yeah, it counts! As I wrote at the time: "My Momma always told me 'Stupid is as stupid does.' At least you have enough self-confidence to relate the story!:p