Honda Goldwing Owners Forums
Goldwing Owners Rules
Goldwingowners Site Help and Feedback
New Member Introductions
Goldwing Owners News
Goldwing Owners Bike of the Month
Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums
Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion
Recent Rides and Riding Experiences
Iron Butt and Long Distance Rides
Wheels and Tires
Oil and Lubrication
Other Goldwing Modifications
Other non-Goldwing Motorcycle Models
Honda Shadow Forums
Honda ST1300 Forum
Honda VTX Forum
eBay Auction Links Section
Marketing General, Inc.
Honda Powersports Parts
American Motorcycle Accessories/ SuperBrace
Baker Built Air Wings Inc.
Fog City Solutions
Rocky Mountain Radar
Optic Armor Performance Windows
Long Ride Shields
Honda Goldwing Forums
TAL is online now
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, Texas
Lola (The General's Bike)
View Public Profile
Find all posts by TAL
Caliente Red/Candy Red
Premium Audio, Comfort Package, Navi
Bought it 2012 with 1,181 miles. First huge mistake after buying it: opening the Kuryakyn catalog. Joined GWRRA same month - riding with Texas Chapter-M.
Not really 'fair weather' riders...
Modifications and Upgrades
Got Centramatic Balancers, CB, Belly Pan, Schuberth helmets (HJC as backup), heated Hartco seat with heated backrest . Lots of 'Safety Chrome' and LEDs.
Just had a 1998 Champion trailer re-painted to match the bike.
So far, 21,000 fun miles and counting.
12/10/15 - DFWHonda for
- Recall GL1800 Rear Brakes - did the front flush break/clutch as well for extra $$$$
- Turn Signal Dual switchback LED+Flasher Kit (smoked lenses)
- Plug 'N Play Professional HID Kit
- HI-Beam LED Upgrade HI Powered Bulbs
- Rear brake recall done. I do not think they put new pads on there.
- Picked it up and returned it right away - Flasher module not working/working correctly...
- Turned out it was a loose wire...
- Not quite sure if the headlights were actually adjusted correctly. Hi beams seem off - don't feel like driving 30+ miles again...
- Hi beams are actually ok (read the explanation from SoCal). They do not hit distance, though... SoCal has a new set not yet for sale. They will send them to me for try-out. Will keep you posted.
- Got the new Hi-Beam LEDs installed - simply awesome.
- Quantum Fairing Wind Deflectors Dark Tint & Quantum Hand Air Deflectors Dark Tint
- New CB Antenna.
- Tire Safeguard TPMS on RAM Mount (http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-174-UN7U) - much better than TireGuard
- Kuryakyn Break Light Flasher module
- New LED single brake lights on Bike and on Trailer.
March/April 2017 (~27,500)
- New front break pads
- LampGuard headlight protectors
- Air Filter Intakes Screens
- Handlebar Risers (Kuryakyn 7438)
- Six new candles...
- Zumo 595 plus RAM Mounts and cell phone Integration (EdSets)
September 2017 (~29,700)
- F4+4 Customs Windshield (Wing Ding)
- Sykik X21F
- Rear Break Pads
- Goldwing GL1800 2006-2017 Pair of Sequential LED Pass. Armrest Lights 45-1854 (ADD On)
December 2018 (~36,600)
- Air Filter
- Hydraulic hose (metal now)
- Fuse panel
- Ground bar
March 30, 2019 (Electrical Short)
- New rotor cover
- New Ring of Fire
- New wires and connectors
- Oil change to Amsoil Synthetic (~38060)
January 08, 2018 (~32009)
- New Rear Brake Pads, broken spring
Wheels and Tires
Dunlop E3 @ 8,188
Dunlop E3 @ 19,765 (just before AR M&G 2015)
September 2017 = about 3 to 4,000 more miles on tires...
October 2018 = 35290 miles (after 15525 miles on E3's) - Front E4, Back Yokohama Adv ENVigor ZPS 3219487 V [195/55-16]
Trailer (Champion Colorado)
- repainted to match the bike
- Three 12x4 4-101.6 AWC Series 870 Aluminum Rims for the trailer. The all look the same now.
- Trailer suspension fix
- Trailer Spare Tire (beads) - removal of tire weight
- New Wheel bearings
-- GoldwingOwners.com Forum (Full)
-- GoldwingOwners.com Forum (Classic)
-- GoldwingOwners.com Forum (Mobile)
Honda Goldwing Forums : Goldwing Owners Forum
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to