Welcome Rocky Mountain Radar! - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM

RE; Just So You Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg View Post
Just so U know:
Most LEO's, being aware of these gadgets, keep their radar squelched until they notice an obvious speeder with their eyes. At the appropriate time, they activate the radar, lock your speed and you are nailed about the time you device finally "alerts" you!
One would be much wiser and safer to observe speed limits and use the purchase cost of this gadget to buy more gas to ride more!
Do make sure you buy one of units you can hide from easy observation. Can also pretty much guarantee a ticket, rather than a verbal or written warning if your radar detector is highly visible and you are stopped for a violation!
That's enough on this anti-law enforcement and promoter of unsafe riding practices item from me. I'm sure your only intent in using one is just to know what is happening around you as you do not ever break the speed limit!
Rant ended!
Rocky Mountain Radar does not promote unsafe riding practices. Radar detectors are very useful in every day riding especially for a motorcycle as they alert you not only to radar and laser, but also potential dangers on the road.
tfdeputydawg is correct about instant on radar that is the reason our unit has a 3+ mile detection range. Having a detector that is visible will pretty much guarantee a speeding ticket, that is why the Moto-Raptor was built to disappear when installed.

Last edited by Moto-Raptor; 07-26-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Raptor View Post
Rocky Mountain Radar does not promote unsafe riding practices. Radar detectors are very useful in every day riding especially for a motorcycle as they alert you not only to radar and laser, but also potential dangers on the road.
tfdeputydawg is correct about instant on radar that is the reason our unit has a 3+ mile detection range. Having a detector that is visible will pretty much guarantee a speeding ticket, that is why the Moto-Raptor was built to disappear when installed.
Since you responded:
There is one use and one use only for a detector! That being aiding and abetting one in violating the speed limits.
You and others can rationalize this any way you want to but, it does not change the facts, which is promotion of a device that leads to dangerous driving/riding practices.
Everyone call your insurance agent and ask if this device will be covered by your policy, should it be stolen.
I,as a LEO, find it very insulting for a forum about motorcycles to accept money to promote such a device.
By the way-3mile detection range-REALLY
Anyway, even if it were 10miles-How would that help against any officer activating his radar, when he observes a potential speeder?????
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg View Post
Since you responded:
There is one use and one use only for a detector! That being aiding and abetting one in violating the speed limits.
You and others can rationalize this any way you want to but, it does not change the facts, which is promotion of a device that leads to dangerous driving/riding practices.
Everyone call your insurance agent and ask if this device will be covered by your policy, should it be stolen.
I,as a LEO, find it very insulting for a forum about motorcycles to accept money to promote such a device.
By the way-3mile detection range-REALLY
Anyway, even if it were 10miles-How would that help against any officer activating his radar, when he observes a potential speeder?????
This argument makes about as much sense as the anti-gun lobby's argument that guns cause murders! Speeding is also a choice.
Just as the decision for this forum to welcome Rocky Mountain Radar as a sponsor was their choice and I support their decision.
I own a Radar Detector and I drive/ride with the flow of traffic which may be 5mph over, but that is a lot safer than impeding traffic, and that is my choice too.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieDoc View Post
This argument makes about as much sense as the anti-gun lobby's argument that guns cause murders! Speeding is also a choice.
Just as the decision for this forum to welcome Rocky Mountain Radar as a sponsor was their choice and I support their decision.
I own a Radar Detector and I drive/ride with the flow of traffic which may be 5mph over, but that is a lot safer than impeding traffic, and that is my choice too.
You are correct, my intent was not to argue, but I do it constantly because I'm an a**.
Have a good day.

Last edited by Cantankerous; 02-02-2019 at 11:06 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

I live in a RADAR detector illegal state. I am neither a proponent nor adversary of RADAR detectors. I have lived in this anti-detector state for most of my life and I think it strange and inexplicable that some state allow and some don't. What's up with this ?

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.

Last edited by Chopin; 07-27-2012 at 04:50 PM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Moto-Raptor Radar/Laser Detector

We are excited to be part of the forum and hope to soon be posting some pictures of our Moto-Raptor installed on our customers motorcycles. This unit was created to blend in when installed. To view some pictures of the unit installed visit our website c450.net. If you have any questions or suggestions about the unit don't hesitate to let us know.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Hey not all of us are as pokey .

Last edited by Cantankerous; 03-10-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Inappropriate post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode