Warwgn & Crownfire's big loop - Honda Goldwing Forums
 37Likes

post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Warwgn & Crownfire's big loop

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...5&font=cursive

So some of you have picked up on the chatter that Mark and I are planning to take the long way around to the Missouri M&G, 15 days 21 US states and 5 CA provinces before we arrive in Pomme de Terre Lake, MO. After that we pick up one more state for the trip and then home, to finish off a 17 day 7000 mile adventure.

The states are as follows in order with the current route:
Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
Maryland
Delaware
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
New York
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Vermont
Maine
New Brunswick, CA
Nova Scotia, CA
Prince Edward Island, CA
Quebec, CA
Ontario, CA
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Iowa
Missouri
Arkansas

The current route which is about the 5th change so far (we keep finding better places to see and do) takes us due East from Jackson MS to Montgomery AL on to Macon GA ( nope not going through Atlanta). We then start to slowly turn North east to Columbia SC and end the day near Raleigh NC.

The second day takes us through Norfolk and across the Chesapeake Bay up through Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and then jog back a little North West for a stop at Valley Forge and ending the day in a little place called Frackville PA. I have heard there are some really good eats there and know the people are awesome so will spend the next day sightseeing and eating.

From Frackville we again head East on I84 with a hook through the top of RI the back to the NW to pick up I95 as we enter Vermont and up to Bradford where we jump on to 116 East then Hwy 2 and just across the border of Maine in the White Mountain National Forest to camp for the night.

The next few days are action packed as we head to Mahone Bay NS to camp and sight see light houses and Oak Island, then up to the top of NS to hit the Cabot trail and back down to take a Ferry over to PE Island, then NE again through NB camping up in Gaspe. Then we finally start heading west after 10 days on the road, but first another Ferry to jump across the St. Lawrence river into Saguenay QB then north again on Hwy 167 and 113 East and make our way to Moonbeam ON.

The last leg of the trip takes us through Thunder Bay before we hit the US again, and from there it is south through Duluth and St. Paul with a stop over at the M&G then back home.

Still a lot of planning and such but so far I think the route and lodging/camping is set and planned. Mark is along so there will be pics

2003 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 (Red Sonja)

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin

Last edited by WARWGN; 04-17-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:13 AM

Garage
Wow! Clearly a lot of planning going into this. I will be celebrating a granddaughter's birthday over the dates of this M&G. Y'all have a lot of fun, and I know you will!

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 05:05 PM

Wow what a trip! I'm extremely envious! Just remember you can't carry coming into Canada....unless it's a bologna sandwich. Those are allowed.
Safe trip.
Strat

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 06:55 PM

Garage
Hope I can do a trip like that soon. Work always getting in the way of life 😂

Jer
Let's ride and hey let's be careful out there
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 06:57 PM

Epic ride! Y'all know I've had the atlas out on this ride. Sure looking forward to it. I think it may spawn another GWOF hat idea.

I've already got the dates down on the work calendar and going to inform the Incident Command Team (Fire) of the dates I'm not available. Dustin didn't say but we've already added one day to the trip, up to 17 days now. Keeps getting more epic all the time. We have a few lighthouses and things to see but mostly experiencing the roads along the way.

Yep, we know we will have to leave the firearms at home. It's okay, I'll bet I can outrun Dustin.....

I'll finish all the States and Provinces on the east side of the Mississippi River. The four New England States I've never been to before, (on a bike or not) not to mention all of that side of Canada east of Ontario.

Dustin, my son pointed out to me that you can ride to France from near there. From Newfoundland you can catch a ferry to St. Pierre and Miquelon Islands which are part of France. Another epic trip idea!

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 08:03 PM

I'll wave as you ride through Alabama......Hopefully, I will catch your tired "Epic Asses" in Missouri.
Chopin and crownfire like this.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Well looks like you have a great start on your plans. I say that because I'm sure it will change yet again the more you find things.

Frackville awaits your arrival whenever it may be and also will accompany your departure. We looked at riding to France as well Mark but it would have taken a small feat in the trip plans we already had, the same with getting out the Cabot Trail and back. That's a hike to haul out there. I also looked at picking up Newfie if we did get out the trail but the 6 or so hour ferry ride put the fork in that.

Anywho..........Great Trip for sure and wish we could ride along.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 06:52 AM

Dudes wish I was riding with ya. Y'all camping out on this adventure? If so, the skeeders in Ontario have been know to carry off small dome tents with their occupants. Just sayin. Spent my first honeymoon camping there. Might invest in a mesh head net.

Dan Bowman

2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 07:35 AM

We’re only 84 miles from Raleigh and got plenty of room & food for you both. You’re more than welcome, also!

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
Dudes wish I was riding with ya. Y'all camping out on this adventure? If so, the skeeders in Ontario have been know to carry off small dome tents with their occupants. Just sayin. Spent my first honeymoon camping there. Might invest in a mesh head net.
Mostly camping with motels every so often. I know about the bugs (black flies are far worse than mosquitos) in the north country as I went to forestry summer camp in the UP of Michigan. I'm going to invest in good bug spray and long sleeve shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Henderson View Post
We’re only 84 miles from Raleigh and got plenty of room & food for you both. You’re more than welcome, also!
Thanks, Dustin has a friend he wants to see and hopefully he will put up with me too. I need to get to your piece of North Carolina and along the coast one day. Maybe a 2019 meet-n-greet? Or that area might be my retirement gift to myself in 2020 or 2021.
George Henderson likes this.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode