MI to AL - Page 3 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 29Likes

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Looks like a fun day, guys! Sorry I missed it!
alwims likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
A few things for you guys.

Who are all the bodies? Recognize Speedy and Tim but the photos a bit blurry on my phone

Also, what did you guys do to Tim's 1200???

I know I know, I'm just being nosey now

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 04:08 PM

Inquiring minds want to know. Glad Tim made it and looks like y'all are enjoying the day.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ride Report

I got out of work around 4, got home, packed and on the road around 5pm Thursday. About 125 miles in, it was dark and raining. I was so excited to ride, it didn't even faze me - happy go lucky going down the road. So much so, I missed my exit - didn't know. Down a ways, I decided I needed gas and got off the HW. Then I started noticing that none of the numbers made any sense. So I got my phone out - yep, I'd overrun my exit by 16 miles. Makes Chopins .6 miles seem like peanuts.
Got back on track and kept on the road. When I broke into TN (around 2:30am), I stopped by the visitor center - there was an attendant on duty with an exhibit advertising all the things to see in TN. I sat down to 'browse' the literature. About 5 minutes, I was asleep - woke up about 2 hrs later - still holding my brochure. Back on the bike - working to stay awake but when the sun came up, it seemed to be easier. Arrived around 10:30 am Shannon and Eds shop. 810 miles 17 hours.
Note - no picture - it was dark.

Tim Schutter
84 GL1200 Aspy
Freedom is not the right to do as you please; it is the liberty to do as you ought.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ride Report

Friday evening Shannon and I worked on the bike - installing some new auxiliary lights. It's great to do project - better to do them with a buddy.
Saturday we went for a short ride 140 mi. 6 bikes. Ralph joined us from the Atlanta area. Then there was Ed, Shannon and their friends Mike and Bob. Some may know Bob from Maggie Valley. Had lunch and a wonderful ride. In the afternoon, we watched Alabama Crimson Tide beat up on the Aggies. Finally it was time to say goodby and around 6am Sunday, I headed back north to MI. 13:30 travel time, I got home around 7:30
Many thanks to Shannon and Ed - it was a great trip, your very gracious hosts.

Tim Schutter
84 GL1200 Aspy
Freedom is not the right to do as you please; it is the liberty to do as you ought.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Who are all the bodies? Recognize Speedy and Tim but the photos a bit blurry on my phone
On the left is Shannon (speedy), Bob, and Ralph (madrussian) Note, we met Bob at Maggie Valley - he was riding a good looking HD, now he has a really good looking GW.

On the right is Ed, Mike and Tim. Mike is a friend of the fam. and works at the shop.

Tim Schutter
84 GL1200 Aspy
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Also, what did you guys do to Tim's 1200???
We put aux lights on. These are cyclops 10 degree lights. Very bright.
Also, I brought with me an gasoline leak that we fixed Saturday evening. And with all the rain, the plug on top of the tank corroded badly enough that the gauge quit working. We cleaned that up too.
detdrbuzzard likes this.

Tim Schutter
84 GL1200 Aspy
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Food for Thought - errr Beverage for Thought

One more little side story. We were eating lunch and a guy came in wearing cycle clothing. He pointed to our table, with his thumb over his shoulder, 'Those your bikes?' Yep, we responded. Whose is the '84 Aspencade? I volunteered my hand. Then he says "I'll buy the whole table a round."
So after we got done eating and were enjoying our complementary beverage, I decided to go talk with Mike (the buyer). He's in his 70's and about to sell the bike - loves it but can't ride like he used to and it's time. It just reminded me - enjoy your ride, it won't last forever.

Tim Schutter
84 GL1200 Aspy
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 10:29 PM

It was good having You here Tim! Don't forget You also got a handling upgrade while You were here. We installed a SuperBrace on the ol 1200.
crownfire likes this.

Nothing rides quite like a Goldwing...
2012 GL 1800 level 2 Audio/Comfort/Navi/XM (ultra blue metallic)
1987 GL 1200 Aspencade (wine berry) sold

IDMWT Club Member#45

The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.- Paul "Bear" Bryant
~Be allergic to average!~
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymph1000 View Post
It was good having You here Tim! Don't forget You also got a handling upgrade while You were here. We installed a SuperBrace on the ol 1200.
Thanks for the reminder Shannon - the SuperBrace was great and made the front end much stiffer. Very nice. Thanks Ed. Very appreciated.
detdrbuzzard likes this.

Tim Schutter
84 GL1200 Aspy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode