Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Mountain Rider 
#1 ·
I just acquired an 82 Goldwing aspencade,basically a"barn find"and I really don't know what to do with it.
I'm either going to strip it all down and sell all the bells and whistles off of it(if anyone's interested in them),restore it or just scrap the whole thing.
But for now I'm sorta doing research.For instance,the only part missing on this whole bike is the rear brake caliper and of course from what I can find out I'll have better luck finding a leprechaun.

#2 ·
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. I believe Trike Lady has a list of Goldwing salvage yards that may help in your quest to rebuild the bike. Lots of others to help out. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

#3 ·
Oops,I did forget to mention a few things,my name is Don I reside in S.W Florida and I like projects(all 110 of them that I have going on,I call it"THE LIST".It probably wouldn't hurt me any to get rid of a few}.
I have a small engine repair shop that I call Mowers Etc...Repair.

Here's some pictures

Attachments

#5 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I see you have a battery hooked up, does it charge the battery?

#6 ·
Haven't got that far yet,that's just a lawn mower battery I hooked up just to check the compression and to see if it would run,good compression and it does run if squirted with gas.The carbs,fuel lines,pump and fuel tank are all gummed up big time with ancient gas.
Like I sorta said I still don't know what I'm going to do with it yet,I guess it hinges on finding the rear brake caliper.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Ask the dealer if they know of Salvage Yards. I bet you can find what you need but may need to overhaul the brake caliper after you find it. Anything can be fixed. Look at Cuba and they still have 1950s cars running every day.

Reactions: NREMTP
#11 ·
Hello and welcome to the GWOF..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.