Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New here from Idaho

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  crownfire 
#1 ·
A few of you may know me from else where, but I thought I'd expand my horizons and join you fine folks here as well. My wife, Leslie and I have 2 kids and 2 Grandkids, and unfortunately lost our third and youngest daughter in a traffic accident in 2001 (that was a bad year all around). We live in the Rigby, Idaho, I was born and raised around the Yakima, Washington area, entered the Army in 1971, retired in 1992. Worked in the Wireless Cable and Broadband industry for 18 years, turned wrenches for Sears Automotive for 5, and finished it all up as an RV tech. Fully retired in March of this year. I ride a 2003 Goldwing 1800 named Black Beauty with just over 82,000 miles on the clock. Winter upgrades include a lowering kit, Progressive monotubes, a trailer hitch and trailer, and some new tires. My wife Leslie and I have taken a lengthy end of Summer trip for the last 2 years, this year covering parts of Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon, and of course Idaho. Beartooth Pass, Yellowstone, Mt. Rainier, Crater Lake, and Leavenworth, Washington were some of the stops on the agenda, and amazing stops they were. Next years plans look to be pointing us more to the North and East, with Glacier, Mt. Rushmore, and Devils Tower on the list.

I'm a chatter box, so I'll apologize right now and get it over with. Thanks for having me, hope to see you on the road, ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can meet up with some of us Washington riders next year.

#7 ·
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Glad you joined us. Looking forward to pics of your adventures in your beautiful area. You are going to love Mt Rushmore.. Safe travels and enjoy the forum..

#13 ·
I'm just new here myself! Some of the territory you ride in is also some of my favourite. I have ridden in CA, NV, WA, ID, and MT. And since I'm from Alberta, I've ridden here of course as well as BC. Some very nice rides. One of my goals is to get to the Dakotas and Wyoming to see Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Custer Monument, and the Beartooth. Maybe in 2020. I ride an '03 ST1300A now, however I'm looking to buy a good condition Wing in spring of 2020, looking forward to trying out the bike in new territory!

Cheers,

Neil.

#15 ·
I see that I neglected to give you a welcome from Mississippi. I plan on visiting your area once I retire for sure. Just a year or so out right now.

Reactions: JKWinger
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.