Hello from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada! - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 13Likes

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownfire View Post
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I really doubt the F6B rides any different than the GL1800. Maybe without the trunk it would be a little lighter. I've never ridden one but they do look good. I've enjoyed my 2010 for 9 1/2 years and I think you will like the way they ride no matter which one you go with.

WARWGN and I rode through your area last year. We passed fairly close to you on our way between Prince Edward Island and heading north to Quebec on Hwy 11. It was a windy/rainy day and we stopped short in Bathurst. Spent an enjoyable afternoon at Four Rivers Brewing Company.
Thanks crownfire!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Welcome tot he site Humbucker (cool screen name btw).

The F6B does handle quicker and lighter (more agile) than the full dresser, mostly because of the loss of that 40#+ trunk on the rear that sits above the belt-line of the bike. The low profile screen is great around town, but on the open road the wind noise is obtrusive enough to override the stereo (if you are into music while riding and I would assume from your handle that you are). There are lots of options for taller, more complete coverage screens so that would be my first recommendation if you proceed with buying one. I'd be cautious on one other front, the F6B didn't come with cruise control until 2016 and near as I know there is no aftermarket electronic alternative option for these models so you might want to look into that. Throttle locks work in a pinch but are a poor substitute for electronic cruise (just my opinion). There was a company in Australia that made cruise controls for the ST1300 but don't recall seeing an F6B advertisement.

Good luck in your search or purchase!

Thanks budoka!

Yeah cruise control would be nice but I can get by with a good throttle lock like a Brakeaway.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your bike search. I suggest you find a seller that has both models and test ride them both.
Thanks NREMTP!

It's so funny that you mentioned finding a seller with both models, that's exactly what happened! LOL

Two weekends ago I headed out to check out the only used F6B in the Maritimes and it was in Fredericton, New Brunswick, a little under a two hour's drive from my place. It was a beautiful sunny and HOT day!

My son drove me there in his car and I brought my riding gear and a certified cheque from my bank just in case this bike was "the one". The guy let us in his garage and there she sat, a beautiful 2014 F6B in black, just stunning! The bike looked to be in awesome condition. Right next to it was his 2007 Goldwing. I didn't take out the 2007 GW since I had already ridden similar models at the Honda demo days.

He told me that he bought the bike three months prior from the original owner thinking that his wife would like it but she had neck issues and prefered sitting on the 2007 GW with the big trunk, etc... So he decided after a couple months that if she wasn't going to ride with him on the F6B he might as well sell it.

He had all of the maintenance records and receipts that he had gotten from the original owner, an older gentleman who was meticulous at doing his regular oil changes and documenting each one, it's all in a binder too. Other maintenance receipts are in there too.

This is a Canadian bike, so it comes with ABS which I really liked. I can live without cruise control but ABS is a big plus.

It has a TomTom GPS mounted on the left side handlebar and a satellite radio installed on the right side lower fairing. Backrests for both rider and passenger. A center-stand and blacked out highway pegs. There's also a pair of blacked-out floorboards for the passenger included in a box if I decided to swap out the OEM passenger footpegs. The stock windscreen has been upgraded to one with a taller height. There's a pair of air wings under the mirrors to direct airflow towards you or away from you. The orange turn signal lenses behind the mirrors were replaced with smokey ones, looks really cool too.

The milage is 66,000 kms (41,000 miles). It's due for an oil change, and the air filter should be changed soon too. The front tire might have to be replaced before the end of this riding season, the rear tire is better.

He let me take this bike out for a test ride, he suggested a nice long loop around his area, which was in a rural setting. A good 20+ minute test ride was all the proof that I needed to see how great of a bike this is.

So I payed the man and it was a great pleasure to deal with him, real good guy! Funny thing though, when I was starting to weave my way through Fredericton towards the TransCanada Hwy I decided to try out the radio, and guess what was playing..........."Happy" by Pharrell Williams! LOL I had to crank that sucker up! Now anytime I hear that song, for the rest of my days, I'll always remember the time that I bought this fabulous bike!

I came real close to buying a used BMW R1200RT with trunk and also a BMW K1600 GTL but I'm glad that I went with the F6B. Rock solid reliable.

And while I rode this bike back home I couldn't get over how it drives like a big plush cadillac. Soooo comfortable and tons of power on tap. I should have bought a GW years ago.

Now I have my Vulcan 1600 Classic for sale, I can't go back to that after experiencing this ride!
NREMTP and dsurley like this.

Last edited by Humbucker; 08-03-2019 at 05:48 PM.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave1120 View Post
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Good luck with the search. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Thanks superdave1120!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Wheel Wing View Post
I'm late to the party, but welcome to the GWOF from NE Pa.

Thank you Two Wheel Wing!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Congrats on getting the one that "sang" to you.

Oh, and btw, welcome.

2004 GL1800 Bloodstone Red Metallic
1988 GL1500/6 Martini Beige Metallic (Sold)
1984 GL1200 Pearl Saturn Red/Century Brown Metallic (Sold)
1981 Honda CM400T Candy Sword Blue with Metallic Light Blue (Cubed and Recycled)

IDMWT #23
Member #3480

Homo praesumitur bonus donec probetur malus

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:55 PM

Welcome Humbucker, bet 'cha can't guess what I play?
Ride safe,
Strat
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
Welcome Humbucker, bet 'cha can't guess what I play?
Ride safe,
Strat

Oh yeah, love the Stratocaster too!

I have a poor mongrel of a Strat from 1979, it was already pretty messed up by the previous owner when I bought it used in the early 80s. Not worth what a typical '79 would go for these days but that's OK, I will probably have that guitar with me until the end anyways.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:36 AM

Good find! Enjoy the new to you bike and ride on.
Humbucker likes this.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
Oh yeah, love the Stratocaster too!

I have a poor mongrel of a Strat from 1979, it was already pretty messed up by the previous owner when I bought it used in the early 80s. Not worth what a typical '79 would go for these days but that's OK, I will probably have that guitar with me until the end anyways.

I love guitars. Lousy technique and player but still plan on bettering myself one day. Just don't have the time to devote to it like it requires. Last winter in Alga-donas Mexico I came across a player in a sidewalk cafe/pub playing the (to me anyway) Holy Grail: Paul Reed Smith SE Custom. Not surprisingly he was a Santana fan and honored the master with some great renditions of a couple of Carlos' tunes. Smith did make Carlos a custom but it took a few times to get it right for his very discerning demands. If I ever win the "big prize" I'll be having one of some description.

Sorry for the sideways (em, "hijack") on your intro, but I couldn't help myself...

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php...l_burl_limited
Humbucker likes this.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode