Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to me 2007 Goldwing

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  ETC 
#1 ·
Hi,

Two days ago I bought my first goldwing - 2007 Nav model - Black Cherry. It only has 9000 miles and I took a chance on it. It had been sitting a while. I like to work on my own bikes. So far I've dis-assembled the handlebar controls in order to get silicon spray nozzle in to free up switches. They work like new now. I bled and flushed the rear brake fluid as the pedal was mushy. I also replaced the differential gear oil. Next will be bleeding the remaining hydraulics and then doing a coolant flush. The oil looks really clean, however I will change that as well. After these items, it should be all good to go. This is also the first goldwing that I've ever ridden. Amazed at how easy it turns in and the smoothness. Started practicing slow speed maneuvers, as I'm still a little nervous at slow speed and the weight. Took it out for about a 150 mile ride today. It's a Cadillac on two wheels!! :)

#3 ·
Congrats from Oregon. Slow speed turns take some practice. If your wing gets angry with your it will fall on its engine & rear bag protective bars. Then you get to practice how to raise your wing.

After all of that join the IDMWT Club!

Good luck you now own a great machine and yours is only 9000 miles young. You're going to love the long trips. You're also going to be looking for and happy to see the brown truck stopping at your house with a box or two of goodies!

#6 ·
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Congrats on your new 2u Wing. Enjoy the forum and your new king of the road machine..

#8 ·
I would do a complete brake bleed according to the Honda instructions. This bike has a linked braking system and needs to be flushed properly.
The returns on the master cylinders can be a problem. Remove as much fluid as you can with syringe, you can pick these up at Walmart, and clean the return ports. Don't touch the brake levers when doing it.
You can check on the recall on this site. http://powersports.honda.com/recalls.aspx

#9 ·
Hello and welcome to eh the world of Wings.
On that break recall, take your VIN to a Honda dealership and they can run it to see if the recall is completed.

#10 ·
The brake issue is related to secondary master located on the left slider leg, the piston or pivot will hang causing pressure build up in the brake circuit. It's an easy fix if you know what to do. Bleeding can be a challenge and does require a systematic approach.

Welcome to the group - Please Please Please never mention oil again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.