Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to forum

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  jkmcdonald123 
#1 ·
Recent owner of 2018 Goldwing Tour and very happy.
I have owned 2 Harley bikes, latest was a 2013 Ultra Limited with 68,000 miles. Sold to get the new Goldwing.
Eight great years of riding and last month, July 28th, 4 of us were riding when a pickup truck driver came into our lane - side-swiped me, hit the other 3 riders, killing 2 of them!
I'm still trying to reconcile all of this, but God is good!
Let's be careful out there my new friends!
Ride safe,
Jeff

#3 ·
Sorry to hear of the incident but welcome to the GWOF and the world of Wings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Hello, and welcome to the forum. My heart is heavy over the loss of your friends. I pray that you and the impacted families find strength, love, and peace as you all move forward.

Reactions: 823Jim
#6 ·
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Sorry to hear about your friends. My prayers and condolences to you and their families. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

#7 ·
Welcome Jeff to the GWOF from the Keystone state. I'm so sorry your day planned for fun and friendship turned into tragedy and you lost good friends. It's a sober reminder to cherish the one's we love and to be careful out there because others are not.

#11 ·
[QUOTE=JRickels;2163553]Thanks for your welcome comments!
And I meant to include that I am from Jackson, MS. The accident was in the metro area of Jackson.[/QUOTE]

I saw that. I understand a kid was texting. I live between Carthage and Louisville off hwy 25. We should meet up for a visit.

#14 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum, J. You've got some super riding partners available in the Jackson area. Start with WARGN, crownfire, and big ken. There's more nearby.

To replace that saddlebag, talk to local trike conversion shops. Saddlebags are a take off item for them.

#15 · (Edited)
Another welcome to you from Mississippi. I am sorry to hear about your accident and loss of good friends. I have been out of state for work and didn't hear about it. I too am in the Jackson area and ride my bike downtown for work most every day.

When you get back on the bike let RayJ, WARWGN, and I know. Big Ken is up in northeast MS and he could make an appearance too. We'll get together for a ride.

#23 ·
Under Skilled Cagers -

Hey JR - Congratulations on your new 2018 GW. So sorry to read about the accident and the loss of your friends. It is ridiculous how many asinine under skilled cagers seem to be on the road today.

I had a similar incident about a year ago as a large pickup approached on a sharp curve over half way across the center line. I don't think he even saw me though his side mirror missed me by just inches. The worst part was that for a while I'd see a vehicle coming at me in my peripheral vision at times when no one was there.

Ride Safe - Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.