Bike 1 4 36.36%
Bike 2 5 45.45%
Bike 3 2 18.18%
Bike 4 0 0%
Bike 5 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Good 'ol Rapier, always gives the right answer with a little twist at the end. I subscribe to the theory that " You can't loose if you don't play " and it has kept me from being a looser most of the time; but I could not stand by and see our good member " Rapier " enter his bike and employ the most despicable diversion tactics without a response. Truth be told, I liked his presentation and any one who would stoop so low I deem worthy of my vote, even if it's contrary to my advantage. Two aspects that old members here would attest to : (1). Chopin's posts are NOT usually technical: (2). Chopin's posts are Not always to be taken literal. Remember, a vote for me is a " freedom " vote. P.S. Bike #1 does NOT have a drink holder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8090001.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	967  

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.

Last edited by Chopin; 08-11-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

I am truly underwhelmed by the activity on this thread. Here is a chance to strut your stuff, enjoy some accolades or laughter from your peers, and maybe have a bit of fun to boot.

Lee.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin114 View Post
P.S. Bike #1 does NOT have a drink holder.
My bike is also not about disposable income. Although, it has 2 drink holders It is about functionality, expression and enjoyment. All the add ons serve a purpose in one of those areas. Sure, the trailer might seem like flare more than function to some; and to the guy who suggested too much disposable income, I might just be pulling a tent out of that trailer, the same night you're in your expensive hotel room. It's all about personal choice....and if it is "disposable" income, can there be too much? I'm confused.
This attempt of a fun game, provided graciously by Superbrace, is a great chance to finally put one of their braces on your GW, for free! We also get to share pics of motorcycles we apparently all enjoy in common. It is intended to let GW owners show the choices we've made. Even if that choice is to take the purist route and leave it stock.
Now, where were we?

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin114 View Post
I am truly underwhelmed by the activity on this thread. Here is a chance to strut your stuff, enjoy some accolades or laughter from your peers, and maybe have a bit of fun to boot.
@chopin114

I have a couple of questions.

Do you have an opinion on this thread?

I meant, do you have an opinion on this thread?
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhdrummer View Post
@chopin114

I have a couple of questions.

Do you have an opinion on this thread?

I meant, do you have an opinion on this thread?
zh: You don't accumulate 1,372 post on this Forum by NOT having an opinion. Facts few, opinions many. And anyone here would corroborate that self opinion. There has been " much ado about nothing " regarding the " disposable income " remark. Ever hear of the " appeal to sympathy " argument? I needed an " edge " to enter this as I looked at the competition. Well it guess it didn't work because only the " comment" became the topic of interest. Oops! No sympathy on this board!!!!!!!!! Truth be told, I think you need the Superbrace more than me. That complete rig of yours looks mighty heavy.

Lee.

Last edited by Chopin; 08-13-2010 at 05:47 AM.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 AM

You know what they say about opinions!!!!!
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:11 PM

@Chopin,
Well, with your sig line, I had to ask twice!

I do agree that my bike is heavy and probably would benefit greatly from a Superbrace. That happens to be how I found this thread. I was researching fork braces. I just put new Dunlop E3's on her and thought now would be the time before any cupping starts on the front. The front take off tire was showing signs of needing help from a front brace.
As far as opinions go, or giving them, it looks like I found the right place. Everyone seems to take it, and give it, in stride and to me, the internal slagging, so far, mostly shows friendship and caring.
Anyway, I look forward to hanging out here and learning much more from my fellow Goldwingers and associated vendors.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 GL1800 POLICE View Post
You know what they say about opinions!!!!!
"Opinions are like " (*) ", every one has one and they all stink. " ~

Lee.

Last edited by Chopin; 08-13-2010 at 04:40 PM.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhdrummer View Post
@Chopin,
Well, with your sig line, I had to ask twice!

I do agree that my bike is heavy and probably would benefit greatly from a Superbrace. That happens to be how I found this thread. I was researching fork braces. I just put new Dunlop E3's on her and thought now would be the time before any cupping starts on the front. The front take off tire was showing signs of needing help from a front brace.
As far as opinions go, or giving them, it looks like I found the right place. Everyone seems to take it, and give it, in stride and to me, the internal slagging, so far, mostly shows friendship and caring.
Anyway, I look forward to hanging out here and learning much more from my fellow Goldwingers and associated vendors.
The poll closes tomorrow. I've run out of funds ( or friends ) to buy more votes. Damn tough to run as an independent in this arena! Barring any unforeseen miracle, let us know how the Superbrace has changed your ride!!!!!!! If you want a second opinion, ask me twice twice.
Attached Images

Lee.

Last edited by Chopin; 08-13-2010 at 05:06 PM.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sorry Maestro. I had to make it interesting. Besides I told you that I have a thing for bellydancers.

Cmon guys it's down to the wire. Let's have a couple more votes cast.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode