Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you ever thought- what if....

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
You could change the color of your bike.
When I was looking for a Wing I fell in love with an orange 1800.
I couldn't make a deal and ended up saving $10g and buying a 1500 with 1/3 the mileage.
I always wondered about painting a 1500 orange and I came across one for sale that is orange

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Should be easy enough to do if you're up to the task. Find a good body paint guy and take all the pieces to him.

I must admit I have always been partial to two colors of Wings but never owned the shade. Orange and Yellow. My pal Gordo used to own a Yellow one that I was in love with.

#8 ·
I'm still wrestling with having some custom airbrushing done on mine. I'm lucky in that I have a local buddy that is an awesome artist with the airbrush (same guy that did the painting on my Vulcan). Just not sure I want to go to the trouble of dismantling the bag doors and other stuff to get it done. Maybe I'll get energetic one day and go for it; already have the theme picked out so...

#11 ·
I had a couple get wrapped around the front end of a car... Does that count?? :grin2:

#16 ·
Seems to me that was "Blackwing" that did the wrap on his. Looked really sharp too.
I'm with you Kerry, I can't get a darn band-aid on without wrinkles...

#17 ·
I'm with you Kerry, I can't get a darn band-aid on without wrinkles...
I don't even get that far, once the peelie is off the adhesive, all bets are off and both ends find each other and mate before I can even get er lined up. :wink2::crying:

#19 ·
No!As much as I dislike the colour of my Wing I wouldn't even think of painting it.Unless of course I was planning on never selling it.As far as buying one that's been painted,I probably wouldn't touch it.You just don't know what damage has been covered up by a paint job.It may not have had any,but that's the first thing I would think.As far as custom paint and pin striping you're really limiting yourself when it comes time to sell as well.Just because you think it looks awesome doesn't meen anyone else will.I'd far,far sooner find a nice clean factory painted Wing when the time comes to buy.

#20 ·
I agree Chris but don't forget, some dealers paint brand new bikes. My wife says that the bike is as cheap as gold wings get so - go for it.
But I'm like you. I have to much respect for the near perfect original paint.
Doug

#21 ·
Doug, do whatever you want. Its your bike. If you have concerns about resale then it might not be the best idea, however, if you plan on riding the wheels off it and then sending it to GW heaven, paint it and be happy with the color. Eventually if you do sell it, someone will buy it. The end.

Personally, I wouldn't think about going thru the trouble of painting a bike, but I don't mind the color of mine.

G
#23 ·
I too ended up with an '02 Goldwing.

My only request was that it be in Hot Rod Yellow, and at a price I could afford.
Mine had been at the dealership for 8 months, maybe longer. And it had 97,333 on the clock... guess that stopped most resells for them.

I called them up ( 400 miles away ) and had a talk, would they take my ST1300 in for trade... it was on Craigslist with lots of pictures and a complete description.

They said yes, so I trailered the ST1100 over and came back with my pride and joy.

A few comfort mods and she is all mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.