Help me mod my new 2016 - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGA View Post
Thank you for the reference.

I've been all over your site and in my Wishlist I put together an extensive list of mods items. At last tally, it was over 4k.

One thing I wish you had was the Pathfinder Rear LED "kit" for the GL1800; Pathfinder SKU G18RPK. As a package deal, this kit includes (6 RED) & (2 AMBER) bulbs with LED Flasher; the *LIC plate LED bulb being optional for about $5.00 more
Hey GreenGA, we do have all of these on our site just not as a kit. Here are the part #s with links:

six AO7443R $20/ea - Red Bulbs (http://wingstuff.com/products/37480)
Two AO7443A $20/ea - Amber Bulbs (http://wingstuff.com/products/37479)
One AOGl88NC $30 - LED Flasher (http://wingstuff.com/products/37575)
One AOLP9T10 $6 - Optional LED License bulb (http://wingstuff.com/products/37481)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 08:51 PM

Garage
Welcome. I also have a 2016 which I just bought used in May. I was also looking at luggage racks, but I noticed the OEM rack says it doesn't work with the spoiler on and I am not about to take it off. Not to hijack, but any help with a brand that will work with my spoiler would be much appreciated.

After spending the $$$ I already have, my wish list is much shorter. I have thought about the hitch and either luggage rack or small trailer so we can add camping to the trips.

John

'16 GL1800A
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 08:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Madrussian
You forgot the most important stuff:
Radar detector and Laser jammer. They arenít cheap, but will save you a bundle.

Ralph
Tucker GA

2012 GW blue

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 11:35 PM

Garage
I kind of fell in love with this seat over the Utopia. It just fits the seat so well. BB52-797A: Smart Mount Removable Backrest for GL1800. That said I also went to AO18SS2: Adjustable Passenger Pegs for GL1800 as they were a lot cheaper and very sturdily built. They can hold my 300lb fat butt where as the Transformers actually flexed when I stood on them.
I also have the Pathfinder front fog and sequential turn lights and as half of my driving is at night they are awesome. The brighter the better,

Another thought for you is the Helibars and Superbrace. Which I got all this from Wingstuff. With new tires which now have 10k on and they still look new.

IDMWT Member #96

J.C.
1975 Honda GL1000 Mule deer really liked it
1982 Honda CM450E 118K when finally fell apart
2007 Yamaha V-MAX Rejetted Carbs made it scary fast.
2014 Goldwing Basic in black

Ride everyday except when raining (or snowing) on the way to work.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

I've been out pf town for a few...

Some of the suppliers of racks have different feet that raise the rack about 1/2 inch which should clear the spoiler. Check em out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnusmcret View Post
Welcome. I also have a 2016 which I just bought used in May. I was also looking at luggage racks, but I noticed the OEM rack says it doesn't work with the spoiler on and I am not about to take it off. Not to hijack, but any help with a brand that will work with my spoiler would be much appreciated.

After spending the $$$ I already have, my wish list is much shorter. I have thought about the hitch and either luggage rack or small trailer so we can add camping to the trips.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

You're absolutely right! I have them on my Corvette, so why not my wing.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrussian View Post
You forgot the most important stuff:
Radar detector and Laser jammer. They arenít cheap, but will save you a bundle.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Great suggestions, all

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsouders5464 View Post
I kind of fell in love with this seat over the Utopia. It just fits the seat so well. BB52-797A: Smart Mount Removable Backrest for GL1800. That said I also went to AO18SS2: Adjustable Passenger Pegs for GL1800 as they were a lot cheaper and very sturdily built. They can hold my 300lb fat butt where as the Transformers actually flexed when I stood on them.
I also have the Pathfinder front fog and sequential turn lights and as half of my driving is at night they are awesome. The brighter the better,

Another thought for you is the Helibars and Superbrace. Which I got all this from Wingstuff. With new tires which now have 10k on and they still look new.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 08:30 AM

Changing to all LED's will require a different flasher.
Also, make sure the luggage rack you buy will fit with a spoiler installed. Even the Honda one will not fit.
Of course that's IF you can find a spoiler. A lot of posts about the spoiler not being available anymore.

2012 GL1800
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

I'm one of those that posted that the color-matched spoiler for my Wing is no longer available; discontinued by Honda.

A few of the posters to my post about the MIA spoiler had some good suggestions, but I am back-stopping my option by looking into Kuryakn's chrome offering, which will work with their trunk rack with the taller feet; about 1/2" taller.

My wife wants me to wait until Wing Ding to see if either/both of these units are on sale for a lower price. I doubt it, but to keep her happy, I can wait.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Garage
[QUOTE=johnusmcret;2159533]Welcome. I also have a 2016 which I just bought used in May. I was also looking at luggage racks, but I noticed the OEM rack says it doesn't work with the spoiler on and I am not about to take it off. Not to hijack, but any help with a brand that will work with my spoiler would be much appreciated.

You can get extension legs for most luggage racks to fit for a spoiler under.

IDMWT Member #96

J.C.
1975 Honda GL1000 Mule deer really liked it
1982 Honda CM450E 118K when finally fell apart
2007 Yamaha V-MAX Rejetted Carbs made it scary fast.
2014 Goldwing Basic in black

Ride everyday except when raining (or snowing) on the way to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode