Sena Users, Advice Please - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 11Likes

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 08:20 AM

Garage
Here is my run down of my trip from Houston to Georgia and back using my Schuberth SRC Pro (Bluetooth system) along with the new Freewire Bluetooth GL 1800 controller. I had the Freewire in the left front pocket plunged into 12 volt power.
I Just arrived back at 3 am today before the heavy rain started. It took me abut 7 hours before the system shut off on th trip out due to being out of battery. So I drove the other 8 or so hours with the external speakers going since I didn't have time to look at it and it was raining. I investigated further once I arrive at my destination where I had a dry warm shop to look at it. I thought initially the system had failed or gotten fried since my bike lights were doing some weird things after the rain started. I knew I had an issues with something in the trailer causing the issue since it stopped as soon as I unplugged it. I discovered water was getting at some connections causing the light issues and corrected that with some contact cleaner I carry in the bike at all times. At the shop I found out I didn't have the water proof power plug all the way inserted. It goes in hard so insure it is making contact. I guess if you are on a short ride you wouldn't need the power plug and can charge before and after it is used. So first recommendation: insert the power cord into the center hole of the Freewire plug until the small light indicates it's got charging power. I turned the main switch on the side before plugging in the 12 volt power cord and was looking at the large half moon power light that I later found out was using the internal battery power. Bottom line I was looking at the wrong light. (I guess it would have helped to read the instructions first) we all know as a MALE, that's something you only do after all other attempts to figure out the problem have failed.
My SRC Bluetooth system, for my Schuberth helmet, had a full charge before the trip back home. I started using it around 3 pm and plugged it into my trailer charger for maybe a total of 20 minutes during gas stops on the 11 hour return trip and just got a low battery beeping in my ear about 20 minutes before I got home. That tells me that when new, the Schuberth system has a battery life of a good 10 hours listening to the radio only. May be way different if talking on the phone, CB or other activities. I tried to connect both my I phone and and the bike radio system and couldn't figure it out. I had to disconnect one to allow the other to connect and not sure if that is the limitation of the Schuberth system or the Freewire system. I need to do more investigation (reading) on that to figure out where the limitation is or if I'm doing something wrong.
I still want to test the system with a passenger. That will be for a later date.
Hope this helps those looking at this system. If you have any questions let me know.

2010 Yellow comfort package with airbag
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16
Kuryakyn Hwy pegs, back rest, arm rest
LED fog lights
2006 Tailwind trailer
US Army Veteran (none combat)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 09:38 AM

I'm interested in using earbuds as well. What kind do you use and where do you plug them in? Tks.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 08:09 PM

Garage
My Schuberth SRC Bluetooth system has a plug for the speakers go in the helmet that can be removed and any ear buds plugged into the same plug.

2010 Yellow comfort package with airbag
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16
Kuryakyn Hwy pegs, back rest, arm rest
LED fog lights
2006 Tailwind trailer
US Army Veteran (none combat)

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Thanks 01, that helps me allot.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidprej View Post
I'm interested in using earbuds as well. What kind do you use and where do you plug them in? Tks.
I have used a variety of earbuds over the years, including noise-canceling ones. Currently I am using Koss buds. I plug them into the earbud port on the SENA clamp that is designed for earbud use.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:32 PM

Garage
Something new from Sena:

http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/?u...d&e=a8ac4af896

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:31 PM
ETC

Garage
I imagine many people would like this however I turned off all the phone connections on my sena as I don't wish to answer or make calls while riding. I guess everyone has their own preferences on this.
fossil92, budoka and Luv2fish like this.

"Take the Right Turn"
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:35 PM

Garage
Hi everyone. Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I just got the Sena Freewire a few days ago. I have a Sena 10C that I've had for a while now. I paired them up yesterday and was a little disappointed with the sound. I had quite a bit of hissing and a loud pop every now and then. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it or research it. I'll try to do a little more with it this weekend I'm sure. Has anyone else had this problem? Any others out there have any experiences with the Freewire?
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 12:26 AM

Have used SMH10 dual pack for a few years and they worked well. Last season I bought a Neotec and tried a number of Sena mic accessories to get it to my liking but nothing worked right. I wanted to be able to flip the helmet open whenever I wanted but the mics always got in the way. I ended up buying a Sena 10u that was designed specifically for the Neotec. And it works great also has its own fm radio built in which is nice. Sometimes I would have the bikes radio and my helmet radio turned to the same station and it worked out well. Shortly after I added an SM10 to the bike but like others said it was picking up grounding noise thru a 12v aux outlet. It took awhile to sort out but after I added an isolator everything works great. I haven't been using my cb so the SM10 fills the job pretty good. I mainly got the SM10 so I could connect a garmin. But I find myself using Waze a lot too.
budoka and Luv2fish like this.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:29 AM

My wife and I have been using our SMH10's for several years and they work well. If I get the Freewire system will I need one or two Freewires for both of us to bluetooth to the bike? I don't have built in GPS or CB. Other than listening to the same music, what will we benefit from the Freewire? Can I still receive and talk on the phone and will she also have to listen to my conversation if using Freewire?
Thanks for the help. Can't seem to find these answers on the Sena website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode